cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
woodsphil
Occasional Poster

TV stuck on code page

I’ve been setting up my Now TV stick, however it gets stuck on the screen where it asks you to enter a short code on nowtv.com/IE/TV I login and enter code and nothing happens on my TV. I’ve tried resetting the stick back to factory settings. I’ve tried waiting and entering different codes. I’ve now tried everything I can think of. Everything on the website all goes according to plan, I enter code and it goes to my account, but the TV just stays on that code page.
0 Thanks
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: TV stuck on code page

Hi @woodsphil 

Did you buy the stick from a UK retailer ?

Somebody mentioned the other day on the forum that they bought a stick from Tesco Ebay outlet where the stick was sourced from Republic of Ireland which i believe is geo blocked and will not work with NowTV UK.

On the NowTV stick box packing or the instruction inside the box does it mention NowTV Ireland ?

If you have a NowTV stick which is intended for Republic of Ireland you will need to contact the Supplier you bought it from and ask for a UK model or a refund.

This is the UK link for the webpage to enter the six digit, though i doubt it will work because your television screen instructions is saying go to nowtv.com/ie/tv which suggests to me you have the Irish stick.

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/tv

0 Thanks
7 Replies
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @woodsphil 

Looking at that link you posted i am assuming you are a NowTV Republic of Ireland customer ?

When you type in the nowtv.com/ie/tv in your internet browser url address bar make sure it doesn't auto correct to a different nowtv webpage or the UK webpage to enter the six digit code that has gb rather than ie in webpage address.

If no joy try a different internet browser on your PC or Mobile device when going to the webpage and maybe try a Private Window or Incognito mode on your browser.

0 Thanks
woodsphil
Occasional Poster

No I’m in the UK but that’s the link that comes up on TV
0 Thanks
Highlighted
woodsphil
Occasional Poster

And ive tried private browser
0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @woodsphil 

Did you buy the stick from a UK retailer ?

Somebody mentioned the other day on the forum that they bought a stick from Tesco Ebay outlet where the stick was sourced from Republic of Ireland which i believe is geo blocked and will not work with NowTV UK.

On the NowTV stick box packing or the instruction inside the box does it mention NowTV Ireland ?

If you have a NowTV stick which is intended for Republic of Ireland you will need to contact the Supplier you bought it from and ask for a UK model or a refund.

This is the UK link for the webpage to enter the six digit, though i doubt it will work because your television screen instructions is saying go to nowtv.com/ie/tv which suggests to me you have the Irish stick.

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/tv

0 Thanks
woodsphil
Occasional Poster

That’s the answer then, I did buy it from Tesco on eBay, I’ll contact them. Thank you
Mauricio70006
First Poster

I am stuck on the payment o try 3 different cards and is not working, I bought on ARGOS,what o need to do?
0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Mauricio70006 

Are your bank cards registered to a UK bank with the Visa or MasterCard logo on them and you are a full time resident of the UK and there is sufficient funds on the card and you are 18 years of age or older ?

I believe pre paid credit cards causes problems with the nowtv payment automation system.

0 Thanks