cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV stuck on code page

I’ve been setting up my Now TV stick, however it gets stuck on the screen where it asks you to enter a short code on nowtv.com/IE/TV I login and enter code and nothing happens on my TV. I’ve tried resetting the stick back to factory settings. I’ve tried waiting and entering different codes. I’ve now tried everything I can think of. Everything on the website all goes according to plan, I enter code and it goes to my account, but the TV just stays on that code page.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did you buy the stick from a UK retailer ?

Somebody mentioned the other day on the forum that they bought a stick from Tesco Ebay outlet where the stick was sourced from Republic of Ireland which i believe is geo blocked and will not work with NowTV UK.

On the NowTV stick box packing or the instruction inside the box does it mention NowTV Ireland ?

If you have a NowTV stick which is intended for Republic of Ireland you will need to contact the Supplier you bought it from and ask for a UK model or a refund.

This is the UK link for the webpage to enter the six digit, though i doubt it will work because your television screen instructions is saying go to nowtv.com/ie/tv which suggests to me you have the Irish stick.

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/tv

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Looking at that link you posted i am assuming you are a NowTV Republic of Ireland customer ?

When you type in the nowtv.com/ie/tv in your internet browser url address bar make sure it doesn't auto correct to a different nowtv webpage or the UK webpage to enter the six digit code that has gb rather than ie in webpage address.

If no joy try a different internet browser on your PC or Mobile device when going to the webpage and maybe try a Private Window or Incognito mode on your browser.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
No I’m in the UK but that’s the link that comes up on TV
Anonymous User
Not applicable
And ive tried private browser
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did you buy the stick from a UK retailer ?

Somebody mentioned the other day on the forum that they bought a stick from Tesco Ebay outlet where the stick was sourced from Republic of Ireland which i believe is geo blocked and will not work with NowTV UK.

On the NowTV stick box packing or the instruction inside the box does it mention NowTV Ireland ?

If you have a NowTV stick which is intended for Republic of Ireland you will need to contact the Supplier you bought it from and ask for a UK model or a refund.

This is the UK link for the webpage to enter the six digit, though i doubt it will work because your television screen instructions is saying go to nowtv.com/ie/tv which suggests to me you have the Irish stick.

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable
That’s the answer then, I did buy it from Tesco on eBay, I’ll contact them. Thank you
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I am stuck on the payment o try 3 different cards and is not working, I bought on ARGOS,what o need to do?
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are your bank cards registered to a UK bank with the Visa or MasterCard logo on them and you are a full time resident of the UK and there is sufficient funds on the card and you are 18 years of age or older ?

I believe pre paid credit cards causes problems with the nowtv payment automation system.