cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV Stick delivery

Hello

I've had BT install broadband but still haven't had a delivery for the Now TV.

No stick or box etc

Is it normal to be waiting for the stick to be here afterwards?

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

You could try one of these communication methods on the link below.

Also NowTV will ask to speak to the account holder to ask him a security question (I have to do the same with my elderly father).

With regards to watching NowTV you need to use the playback devices on my previous posted link. 

If the gentleman doesn't own a suitable device, then maybe consider a NowTV Stick from places like Currys, Argos etc (cheapest deals I can find at the moment was Asda online or B&M Store for around the £20 price point). 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I am assuming you have NowTV Broadband installed?

NowTV don't include a TV streaming Box or Stick with their Broadband & Phone package and the only bit of hardware you will receive is a Hub 2 Router to access the internet (which i am assuming you have received).

Sometimes NowTV offer discounted TV Passes if you take up their Broadband & Phone package, but this usually doesn't include a TV streaming Box or Stick to hook up to your television.

NowTV expects you to provide your own TV streaming devices from the linked article below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @schnapps 

Do you have a number for them? Its for an elderly gentleman and I'm trying to help him. 

I had signed him up for broadband and the Deal clincher was a 6 months £6.99 Sky Movies package......i havent activated that yet and its not in my offers and vouchers.....just the 15% discounted offer.

How do I go about getting Now TV then? Lol. 

Essentially I want to plug the Now TV box or stick in and watch sky movies for 6 months at 6.99 which was the offer hence I think its best I call them 

Thanks 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

You could try one of these communication methods on the link below.

Also NowTV will ask to speak to the account holder to ask him a security question (I have to do the same with my elderly father).

With regards to watching NowTV you need to use the playback devices on my previous posted link. 

If the gentleman doesn't own a suitable device, then maybe consider a NowTV Stick from places like Currys, Argos etc (cheapest deals I can find at the moment was Asda online or B&M Store for around the £20 price point). 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for this @schnapps that's great advice.

Could i use a second hand NowTV box? My father has 2 and only uses 1??

Thanks

Paul

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

No problem using an NowTV old box has a hand me down.

Just make sure you factory reset the box you are going to give to somebody else to remove all trace of the previous owners account details.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, for example .... could I purchase one from Ebay or use a friends Box they no longer use? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Either it's your choice, where i would go with the friends old box if it's free.

Just bear in mind if it's an older white box i would go with a newer black box (assuming the person receiving the box has a spare HDMI port on their television) where the white box is long in the tooth nowadays being first generation hardware.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah yes its a white one

Thank you for all the advice. Brilliant 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The white box would be fine in the short term (though sometime in the future because it's first generation hardware, i wouldn't be surprised if it will not be supported moving forward because it may not cope with more power hungry Apps).

Also bear in mind the older white boxes doesn't offer the full complement of Apps, where Apps such has Netflix, Disney Plus, BT Sport etc are not available on the white box.

Though NowTV is still running on these older white boxes.