cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Suddenly Something Went Wrong

I have been using my NowTv stick for a few months with no problem. The other day whilst watching Iplayer I had to reset the internet. Ever since my NowTV stick is not working properly. I followed the advice on the website, I reconnected the internet, I did a factory reset on the stick etc. Youtube still works, Iplayer opens but nothing will load to play. When I go to watch something on NowTV I can select a programme, enter the parental PIN and then suddenly I get the Ooops something went wrong message please try again later. This has happened the last few days..... Please help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Even if the iPlayer is working on your laptop i would still be inclined to try the suggestions on my first post, unless anybody else on the forum has a better idea.

Maybe try powering down the Router first for 30 minutes if you can live with no Internet for half an hour.

Otherwise see if nowtv live chat can assist you further.

Link here to live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See if either a full factory reset on your Router or power off the Router at the electrical mains for about 30 minutes fixes it.

Sounds like there may be something blocking the streams on iPlayer & NowTV on your Router or a rogue IP address on the router is causing the possible fault.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Would that still be the case of IPlayer is working on my laptop?
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Even if the iPlayer is working on your laptop i would still be inclined to try the suggestions on my first post, unless anybody else on the forum has a better idea.

Maybe try powering down the Router first for 30 minutes if you can live with no Internet for half an hour.

Otherwise see if nowtv live chat can assist you further.

Link here to live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps 

Thank you I will give it a go over night and see what happens. Fingers crossed! Thank you for your advice.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps

Just wanted to say thank you again, the hard reset of the router worked.