cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Suddenly No Signal

Every thing has been working fine since I brought my Now stick a couple of weeks ago.

Today I was watching a movie when all of a sudden TV  went blank because loss of signal.

I went up stairs to my other TV which has a Roku stick and that was working fine , so came back down to TV with now stick and was still showing no signal but white light was on . I removed the Now stick and put it back in again and it then started working again.

I hope this is not the start of things going wrong with it like so many others have reported .

so far since reconnecting it’s working fine again.

I suppose the only thing I can do now is wait and see if it happens again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy  No problem Andy , it’s so far been ok since the blip , as I say the only way I could get it to work again was by removing stick and putting it back in again. Something knocked the signal out, I guess I may never know as to why !!!!!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Not had that problem myself. What might be worth doing is going into the Settings > Display Type menu and set it to either 720p or 1080p (whichever your TV supports) rather than leaving on auto. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy I have already set it to 1080p when I set it up 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I don't think it's worth doing any more tinkering at this stage but obviously if it keeps happening post back and it can be looked into.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy Thanks, at the moment it’s still working ok, that was the first time it’s done that , fingers crossed it won’t happen again.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I know what you mean when you read various issues on the forum but I suppose you have to bear in mind this is a help forum so there's always going to be lots of posts about problems and very few posts from people saying everything's fine.

I've not had any of the issues mentioned on the forum with my stick which also makes it difficult to help people when they do have an issue that's not obvious!

However there's a few standard things NOW TV always ask people to try such as a reset or a forced software update, you can read the steps they suggest here

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick

And don't forget you can always pop onto live chat and ask them as they can help troubleshoot in real-time. You can  get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section at the bottom for options)

Most retailers will give refunds within the first 30 days for faulty items as well if you do feel the stick might be faulty and you don't want to try another one - the standard black NOW TV box that the stick replaced are being sold off cheap in a few places as an alternative, or there's always something like the Roku Express for a little more money (or the Stick+ for a few extra tenners).

Sorry I can't be more help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy  No problem Andy , it’s so far been ok since the blip , as I say the only way I could get it to work again was by removing stick and putting it back in again. Something knocked the signal out, I guess I may never know as to why !!!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do i get it working again I even got a new stick and that don't work either !?