cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stuttering, lost of network, freezing

For the last 6 months our NowTV stick has been working perfectly but recently it's been constantly failing.

E.g. sounds stutters, stops/freezes, gets out of sync (inc the interface), loses internet, etc.

The only fix is to restart the stick and then it returns to normal for a bit.

It's really frustrating! Our internet is fine (500+ Mbps) and our Amazon stick has no such problems.

Is the NowTV stick faulty?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Did you buy the Stick from Now TV? If you have had it less than a year you could contact Live chat and might get a replacement

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

1. NOW TV account & payments

2. Cancelling or renewing NOW TV Passes

3. Drop down 'How to get in touch'

4. Live Chat

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, I've emailed NowTV Support but they've not replied and the 'Live Chat' button doesn't seem to work.  I'll keep trying. 😖

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got the same issues. NowTv helpline have not been any help, took me through the usual pressing the reset button, loading latest software etc which didn't help. Then they said it must be my broadband which I proved to them was not the case. They then checked from their end, agreed I had no drop outs of WiFi and simply said they could not help any more! What a joke! Obviously a software bug so fix it! Umpteen other people have the same issue. Other people mention getting a Roku stick instead only problem is that the NowTV stick IS a Roku stick! Would not need a stick at all if they put the NowTV app onto Android TV, can't be too difficult as it works well on my Android phone!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Your saying that Now TV is a Roku device, well your partially right. The software and number of app available is far different on a Roku stick than a Now TV stick. 

In case you missed it, Now TV is available on Amazon Fire Sticks, Sony Bravia Andriod TV.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

Sony

2016 models and later

Keep in mindOnly Sony Smart TVs running Android OS 8.0 or later are supported.

JVC

Fire TV edition HD/FHD (2020): LT-32CF600, LT-40CF700, LT-43CF700 models

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help