cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Streaming stops working

Hi

I have bought the new smart stick and on the whole it's great apart from one really annoying issue.

Every few days I'll go to watch something the menus all work fine but when I click on a show it will start the loader and then after a few seconds return to the previous screen. This seems to happen on multiple apps at the same time e.g. now TV, iPlayer and sky news none of them will actually stream a program.

Only way to fix is is pull the power cord. Then it's fine again for a few days.
3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Welcome to the forum. Not seen that particular issue before although it's early days for the stick yet. I'd suggest doing a forced software update just in case it's a little glitch. 

Press Home on the remote to take you to the home screen. Then do the following sequence on your remote quickly and smoothly
Home (x5) FF (x3) REW (x2)

If done correctly a Secret Screen will appear (if it doesn't, press Home to go back to the start and then try again). Choose Update software and allow it to run (even if it reports the same version as you already have).

Then see how you go over the next few days.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Andy

Thanks for replying, I'll give this a go tonight and update in a few days.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just a quick update.

I tried reapplying the Software Update but the next day the issue was back. I then treid a Factory reset and so far this has worked, its worked flawlessly for the last 4 days.