cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stick wont connect to router

Hi

My Now TV stick is not connecting to my router again. It is about 6 inches from the router with nothing in between so of course that isn't the cause. No other device is having any issue connecting to the router.

Resetting the router will seemingly fix it for a week or so and then the issue returns and I can't really keep resetting it.

I have tried factory resetting the stick and playing around with the security settings on my router but this doesn't fix it.

It was fine until I switched to a new ISP so I do suspect it is something with the security on the router though still not good when every other device manages fine and I shouldn't have to remove security.

Initially it would connect wirelessly but couldn't find an internet connection but then it wont connect at all and this is how it goes always.

I am out of ideas now for what to try.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK I forgot to do that 😛

It's plusnet and the only thing I can find on the router is plusnet hub 1.

I have just split the 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz signal and it has allowed me to connect now to the 2.4Ghz one so it is working atm but I don't know for how long. 2.4Ghz should be good enough for this.

It just came to me that this was talked about before for this device.

I might have to get a box to use instead and connect with ethernet. The stick has been nothing but trouble. It technically cost me very little due to the entertainment package it came with.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Perhaps post who is your ISP and the model number of the Router ?

Then maybe somebody on here might know of a solution.

I don't use the stick myself (rather use the boxes over Ethernet) so i doubt that i will be much help.

Hopefully somebody on the forum will have an answer ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK I forgot to do that 😛

It's plusnet and the only thing I can find on the router is plusnet hub 1.

I have just split the 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz signal and it has allowed me to connect now to the 2.4Ghz one so it is working atm but I don't know for how long. 2.4Ghz should be good enough for this.

It just came to me that this was talked about before for this device.

I might have to get a box to use instead and connect with ethernet. The stick has been nothing but trouble. It technically cost me very little due to the entertainment package it came with.