cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stick shuts down after a few hours

This is a strange one that I hope will be easy to put right, I seem to have sorted out my previous problems that I had with my new Now stick but something new has started to happen .

On 2 different days now I have put my now stick on to the sports channel and left it playing all day just purely to see if any hiccups occur. On the first day after approximately 5 hours my tv screen just suddenly went blank, and if I tried going back to the sports channel I got the message 

err some thing is not quite right . I had to unplug the stick and turn it back on again before it would come back on ,

Today I did same thing all was fine then just again after 5 hours same thing happened, could only get it back on by turning of at mains again and then turning it back on.

Is there something in settings that is telling stick to do this ?

i have been having a look but can’t see anything related to that.

As soon as I turned it of then back on it’s fine, 

I have it connected up to the mains not the Tv’s USB port 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User
Hi. When you have left on Sports section up to 5 hours are you not using remote for anything because that may be issue how stick thinks remote not been used in long time but if not that then could be setting for stick go off after 4 hours so make sure that’s disabled.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User
Hi. When you have left on Sports section up to 5 hours are you not using remote for anything because that may be issue how stick thinks remote not been used in long time but if not that then could be setting for stick go off after 4 hours so make sure that’s disabled.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Hi, you could be right , only I thought because something was been broadcast it should not do that as normally you would get the bouncing logo after 10 mins of nothing happening,then shut down after 4 hours, also why am I getting err some thing is no quite right when it happens. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Hi, did same test again but this time occasionally used volume control and stick stayed on , so looks like your thaery is right, Thanks