cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stammie1609
Expert

Stick remote changes HDMI input on my TV every time a button is pressed

I've just purchased a smart stick but I cannot set it up as the remote control for it changes the HDMI input on my LG TV every time any button is pressed.

Some help on this would be greatly appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@stammie1609

Do you mean switches to the HDMI source the stick is connected to, or it switches to a different HDMI source so you can't see the stick's interface?

The stick is designed to automatically switch to its own source input whenever a button is pressed as a quick way of using the stick, but if you want this feature disabled you can go to Settings > System > Control other devices and untick 1-touch play.

If you mean it's switching to the wrong HDMI input so you can't see the stick interface on screen then this shouldn't be happening, try removing the stick from HDMI and USB power for a few seconds and then connecting up again. If it's still happening try temporary disabling CEC-control on your TV from the TV (I think LG refer to this as Simplink) and then connect the stick and try again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@stammie1609

Do you mean switches to the HDMI source the stick is connected to, or it switches to a different HDMI source so you can't see the stick's interface?

The stick is designed to automatically switch to its own source input whenever a button is pressed as a quick way of using the stick, but if you want this feature disabled you can go to Settings > System > Control other devices and untick 1-touch play.

If you mean it's switching to the wrong HDMI input so you can't see the stick interface on screen then this shouldn't be happening, try removing the stick from HDMI and USB power for a few seconds and then connecting up again. If it's still happening try temporary disabling CEC-control on your TV from the TV (I think LG refer to this as Simplink) and then connect the stick and try again.

stammie1609
Expert

Many thanks for the swift reply, turning off simplink on the TV worked

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@stammie1609 Glad you're sorted, hope you enjoy the stick!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem but with an Alba tv any help would be greatly appreciated