cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stick is tripping my Sony tv

Hi everyone,can someone help....every time I turn my Sony tv on withmy stick plugged in hdmi and USB ports it automatically turns my tv off,every time I power up again the same thing happens
8 REPLIES 8
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User have you tried not using the usb port and instead using the power adapter?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User If it's happening automatically then @4268's suggestion should work, and if not try connecting to a different HDMI port.

For anyone else with a NOW TV stick worth pointing out that pressing  the power button on the stick remote will turn the TV on/off, the stick itself doesn't have a on/off button and just powers up automatically when the TV is turned on/when stick is plugged into power adapter.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not mine. To wake it up I have to press. Home or my tv on the remote.
If I haven’t used it for a few days I just get an alternate black and interference screen.
If I reset then I have to go through the whole set up process again. I’ve done this about 4 times now.
Unplugging is another option even though the stick is still using power and plugged in to adaptor. SONY do not advice using the USB power option as it can confuse the external device logic.
I’m still trying to get this sorted
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The power available from Sony and Samsung (The two TVs I have) is only  0.5 amp from the USB.

The Stick needs 1 amp.

Use the mains adapter

lenturn
Scholar 2

@Anonymous Userwrote:
Not mine. To wake it up I have to press. Home or my tv on the remote.
If I haven’t used it for a few days I just get an alternate black and interference screen.
If I reset then I have to go through the whole set up process again. I’ve done this about 4 times now.
Unplugging is another option even though the stick is still using power and plugged in to adaptor. SONY do not advice using the USB power option as it can confuse the external device logic.
I’m still trying to get this sorted

I had a similar thing on my Sony set where I would switch to the sticks hdmi port and get a screen of 'static' after waking the stick by pressing the home button.

I resolved this by  going into the settings menu and disabling the power saving option that switches the stick off after four hours.

Now when I switch to the sticks hdmi port, I just get the screensaver with the NOW TV logo bouncing around and go from there. The stick hardly uses any power anyway when it's idle, so I'm not bothered about leaving it on all the time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi. To follow on from thanking you. Eventually NOW TV replaced my stick. I’ve just pressed home. Straight to NOW TV home page. No static flashing screen at the moment.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that. NOW TV wouldn’t even acknowledge what was going on. They just kept repeating unplug everything, disconnect everything from Wi-fi. Then sent me a questionnaire asking how did they do.
I’ll try it tonight
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have the same problwm with our Sony tv. Plugged it into mains and works fine now thank you.