cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Standby for Now TV stick

Please can anybody tell me how to put the TV stick into standby by the remote because I cannot achieve this I press the standby button and nothing happens it just stays on I have to unplug it and the USB and this is not satisfactory
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The standby button on the nowtv stick remote is designed & intended for your television and not the stick.

The stick only consumes a small amount of power and when your TV is either switched off or in standby then if the stick is powered from the TV usb port it should power down.

If you are using the supplied power adapter and concerned about power wastage, then switch the stick off at the mains.

I tend to leave all my electronic devices in standby rather than switching off at the mains mainly for any overnight software downloads rolled out to these devices.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The standby button on the nowtv stick remote is designed & intended for your television and not the stick.

The stick only consumes a small amount of power and when your TV is either switched off or in standby then if the stick is powered from the TV usb port it should power down.

If you are using the supplied power adapter and concerned about power wastage, then switch the stick off at the mains.

I tend to leave all my electronic devices in standby rather than switching off at the mains mainly for any overnight software downloads rolled out to these devices.