cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Sorry, Now TV is currently unavailable

I’ve had this problem and realised it was down to me using the PiHole ad-blocker. If you use PiHole,  you need to whitelist pubads.g.doubleclick.net

I hope someone finds this useful.

Paul.

Highlighted
Advocate

Hi, I couldn't do anything with my stick, it was just stuck on the
currently unavailable. I contacted now tv. Mine still has the message but
if I press the back button it comes to the menu
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Brilliant advice. 

I didn’t realise there was a reset button on the USB stick. Hit the button to reset. I then had to are-sync the remote control. There is a sync button in the battery compartment. Had issues so changed batteries in remote. Re-hit the sync button in the remote battery compartment and the adjacent light on the remote illuminated. Went through the set up process. Voila !

Highlighted
Advocate

Now tv works on my laptop so nothing wrong with my wi fi

I have multiple apps that require wi Fi working perfectly on my TV, but not Nowtv, all of a sudden. Been working for months now it has dropped it’s bat. 
I have done the brain damaging factory reset and within minutes the same message comes up. On the verge of cancelling my payment as it is totally useless??????

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Observer

Hi I am having the same issue also for the last couple of days.

Highlighted
Advocate

Hi 

i haven’t used Now TV for over a month or so, had the same message as above, 

I pressed the Sky Store button on my remote bottom RHS and scrolled through ....then returned to Now TV using the home button Top RHS 

All working fine again .... 

Cheers 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

Yep - my Amazon Fire Stick works perfectly too. Trouble is, I can't watch F1 Grand Prix on the Fire Stick - so I am stuck with the wretched NOW TV stick problems.

Did you hear me cursing when I was unable to start the NOW TV system when I switched it on a few mins before the start of one of the recent races?  I don't subscribe to Sky Sports to spend my time getting stressed and trying to get a faulty product to work. I subscribe to watch races and chill out doing that.  I wonder if Trading Standards would be interested to learn that Sky is still selling broken systems ?

Fortunately, I think that NOW TV is still working properly on my mobile phone - but I really don't want to watch motor racing on a six inch screen, when I have NOW TV sticks plugged into large TVs in the lounge and bedroom. #

Sky - are you listening to us all ?

0 Thanks
Highlighted

I had this issue...tried software update, factory reset, numerous live chats etc and nothing worked. Eventually worked it out by trial and error. My BT parental controls were blocking the NOW TV app. In my case it was the ‘file sharing’ box I needed to uncheck...i.e unblock for it to work.

Now given this seems to be a common issue, and BT are a widely used ISP you would have thought NOW TV would have identified this as a potential issue following a firmware update...still, hope that helps some of you!

Highlighted

Hey, 

I had the same problem this morning. I pressed and held the home button for 5 seconds and it came back on. 

hope this helps anyone with the same issue 🙂

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

This is a joke and been going on for months. Resetting the stick doesn't work, neither does the back button. In fact, nothing works. You really need to sort this out NOW TV, it's unacceptable that there's been this denial of service for so long.

0 Thanks