cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Soulcal24
Scholar 3

Software version 8.0.3 build 4230

Hi. Any members of NOW TV know why I can downgrade software version how says in forced software that version 8.0.3 build 4230 but can go back to 8.0.3 build 4227

25 REPLIES 25
Soulcal24
Scholar 3

Hi @Karl-F

It’s effecting my NOW TV Smart Stick and Black Box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there a new software update with new features and a bug fix on its way for now TVs smart boxes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

An urgent software update is needed for a bug fix as I've noticed at least 2 bugs in version 8.0.3 build 4230. First all when turning on my now TVs smart box it didn't load properly you have to go down my apps section click on now Tv app and wait it loaded then hit the home for the home section to be loaded and the freeview channels to start. Also I have noticed when watching a movies or a tv show on now TV catch up service and you have to stop it for a cup of tea it does not pick up where you have left off when you start the program again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

An urgent software update is needed for a bug fix as I've noticed at least 2 bugs in version 8.0.3 build 4230. First all when turning on my now TVs smart box it didn't load properly you have to go down my apps section click on now Tv app and wait it loaded then hit the home for the home section to be loaded and the freeview channels to start. Also I have noticed when watching a movies or a tv show on now TV catch up service and you have to stop it for a cup of tea it does not pick up where you have left off when you start the program again.

I don't have either of the two issues you appear to be having. Have you rebooted the box since the update?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When is the next software update happening for now TVs boxes as it been two months since the last one. I would to see new features to arrive for the next update.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

When is the next software update happening for now TVs boxes as it been two months since the last one. I would to see new features to arrive for the next update.

You never did respond to my previous question to you.

I'm sure there'll be an update if and when there is something new to add. Until then why not just sit back and enjoy all that NowTV has to offer.

Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There has been a new software update yesterday version 8.1.3 beta 4149 which is fantastic. It's a lot quicker and bug fixes has been fixed. Today there has been a new hardware update the homepage has been redesigned to make things a lot easier. You can into apps from the homepage countiue watching go to wish list and go into pass.

Soulcal24
Scholar 3

@Anonymous User

Do you know if that software version is for latest trial because I don't have it on my NOW TV stick , I did sign up to trial got email about trial starting in coming weeks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

There has been a new software update yesterday version 8.1.3 beta 4149 which is fantastic. It's a lot quicker and bug fixes has been fixed. Today there has been a new hardware update the homepage has been redesigned to make things a lot easier. You can into apps from the homepage countiue watching go to wish list and go into pass.

I sincerely hope you haven't broken your NDA with Sky/NowTV, although I doubt you'd be testing if you can't tell the difference between hardware and software.

A Homepage redesign would still be a 'software' update, and not a 'hardware' update as you have mistakenly stated. 'Hardware' is the device (physical medium) we use to view our tv (eg. NowTV Stick etc).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's still a terrible device..I will not pay for any pass as the stick will not work for more then a hour....then it will freeze or disconnect. .most of the time it will not connect first time the software is so dumb it will not try to connect again till you reboot it ....if the stick is not connected the remote is useless so you are forced to reboot ....who come up with that idea it's 2018 guys get ya act together