Not applicable

Smart stick

My screen has gone blank 

11 REPLIES 11
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I'm afraid I have to concur with @schnapps . You should switch to the proper power adapter

I've just had a look at the power specifications for USB your typical USB 2 port which is what most TVs have will only supply you with 500 mA of power in order to provide more than that, you need a dedicated USB charging port or a powered USB port. The NowTV stick requires at least 1A of power to function properly . This means your typical USB port that you would find on a TV will only supply half the power required for the NowTV stick to function properly

if you're lucky, your TV might have a USB charging port. These ports are usually marked with their power ratings next to the port or in the very unlikely event that your TV has a powered USB port. The port will be usually yellow

unfortunately USB is rather complicated. Beyond USB 1 2 and 3 , you have the subtypes within those standards. Unfortunately, not all USB ports are the same if you're going to power something via the TV you need to ensure it is plugged into the correct usb port

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now tv stick isn’t working I have tried everything from taking it out of mains to reset to factory reset currently on factory reset and just got a blue screen saying linking this has been on for at least 15 minutes I tested the wireless and internet connection that’s absolutely fine before hand nothing at all would work only catch up itv wen I went on apps nothing else works just freeze on the title of any program