cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nikki39
Advocate

Re: Sky sports red button

I read a thread earlier this year that Now TV would have the red button available for the 19/20 season.

As a Stoke city supporter havent i suffered enough?? 

Sort it out please. We aren't all premier league glory hunters!!!

0 Thanks
UKTVPlayapp
Expert

Where was this thread to say that red button service would be on Sky Sports Channels for 2019/2020 season.

0 Thanks
UKTVPlayapp
Expert

Is the sky sports red button service on it’s way when the now tv service improvements are launched.

0 Thanks
noeyedeer
Scholar

It's incredibly frustrating. Sky and the whole of football is stuck in the dark ages. 

The NFL manage to stream EVERY game live through their gamepass. You just sign up, don't have to support a team, can just watch whichever game you like and even dip in and out of games playing at the same time. 

The whole ifollow thing and streaming seems ridiculous. I don't support a team, so it seems to be able to watch any live match i have to create 72 different accounts and pay £10 for each match i want to watch even 1 minute of?? Pretty sure they don't want to take peoples money. Same with Sky. Of course tonight, they put on Hull v Blackburn which virtually nobody has any interest in watching. I'd have paid a couple of quid extra to watch Derby v Bristol City. Same with Leeds v Brentford tomorrow. But nah, can't watch them. Have to watch the absolute mince matches they are showing, or nothing. I've chose nothing. Well, watching the scores on the news channel. 

0 Thanks
Rmolenaar

Is there any more news on this? Even if the games were shown in sd, as long as I could watch the game! I don't think the red button feature would be hard to implement. Can't remember who's on tonight there are much better games they could have picked. Do nowtv reps reply? Can they answer this please. 

0 Thanks

Just paid for a 1 day pass to watch West Brom V Reading.  Realise now that I can't watch it as it is on the Sky Red Button and not shown online.  Any chance of a refund?

0 Thanks
a_ridley
Mentor

Agree. They need to look at offering Red Button content and Sky Sports On Demand on NOWTV.

danb73
Advocate

til red button access is integrated in the app (now tv devices + platforms where app runs now) I don't know why they don't just setup every valid id + password with the sports pass to work on the sky sports app which I've tried on ios + android? ok it's annoying that it doesnt have cast ability but as a stopgap.? I too don't believe this "don't have rights" to show it malarky

0 Thanks
RedRose81

I am an avid football fan. But I travel a lot with work, so I'm not always home. So, I have the Now TV full package. However, recently I was made aware of the new Now TV Smart hub with better features. I called Now TV & I was told I would be able to watch sky sports red button games on the new smart hub. So I went out & purchased the hub. Only to find out that the red button wasn't working on any of the sports channels. I called Now TV again & I was told that red button isn't currently available for sky sports. I said, when I called earlier before I made the purchase, that red button was. They denied this was the case & suggested I miss heard what was said. 

I have now since cancelled all my packages & returned the Now TV Smart box with some haggling but they accepted it. I am on the cusp of cancelling my sky TV package & phone, broadband. Moving to Vodafone for my home broadband with no landline fee & dipped my toes into a Freesat box which is working wonderfully & a Roku stick for TV on my travels. 

I do not like being lied to to encourage business, especially from Sky!

UKTVPlayapp
Expert

Any news when Sky Sport red button service and catch up service will launch on now tv smart box with Freeview and sticks.

0 Thanks