cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrewcroft
Scholar

Sky sports red button

Have spoken to a now TV rep on live chat about not being able to access red button matches on sky sports tonight very disappointed. He told me they don't have the broadcasting rights to red button, I pointed out that they are owned by sky and was not happy with this. Have been told that they are hoping to get red button up and running but no time scale as to when. Why can't we access sky sports app as an alternative way to access this service.?

40 Replies
a_ridley
Mentor

Re: Sky sports red button

This option to pick and choose which match you want to watch is perfect for a digital platform.

This multi game viewing option is going to be a big selling point for Amazon when they get some of the Premier League next season.

Andrewcroft
Scholar

I understand the point about digital channels but if you subscribe to sky sports you also get access to the sky sports web site why does this not apply to Now TV customers. As a fan of championship football this could prevent me from renewing my pass next time.

Atyeomatt
Advocate

It's not good, and as far as I can remember the restriction wasn't pointed out??

If you are paying for sky sports, then you expect to be able to view every match.

It's frustrating when your team plays in the championship - laptops, ipads, android devices don't have a red button option!!! 

You signed up expecting to be able to watch championship games!

Money back?

Andrewcroft
Scholar

Spoke to now TV on live chat and got a very unhelpful reply that red button is not available but they are working on it. They would not say when it might become available, as a subscriber why can't we have access to sky sports app to make red button available as a stop gap.

Andywig
Advocate

Just so you know you can usually purchase the game you want (same feed) via your club's iFollow site / app. Cost me 10 last time; not perfect really but until it's available via Now TV money has to go to them.

Brentford_guy
Observer

Totally agree - the restriction was not pointed out and now paid my £8 sky pass to watch on tv using Now tv app, and cant use red button to change to my game. Very frustrating when you have your mates round. Money back for sure but rather had some indication that this doesnt on app. 

@Atyeomatt wrote:

It's not good, and as far as I can remember the restriction wasn't pointed out??

If you are paying for sky sports, then you expect to be able to view every match.

It's frustrating when your team plays in the championship - laptops, ipads, android devices don't have a red button option!!! 

Money back?

Adele87

Fuming about this!! Complained only to get cut off after being offered a weeks pass!! Rubbish company and yet again Indian call centre! Now tv are con men!!!

@Brentford_guy wrote:

Totally agree - the restriction was not pointed out and now paid my £8 sky pass to watch on tv using Now tv app, and cant use red button to change to my game. Very frustrating when you have your mates round. Money back for sure but rather had some indication that this doesnt on app. 

@Atyeomatt wrote:

Money back?

SteveFishman
Observer

Thanks for post this guys. Thought I was going mad not being able to find that red button.  I don't want to watch ex-pros talking about matches they're watching on soccer saturday. The WHOLE reason I bought a months pass was to watch some football matches. Today the 'Main event' is a rugby match I have no interest in, so all football matches are on the red button. Effectively I've paid for something I can't use. Mis-selling at its finest.  

Tricky3

Is there something under the trades description act about this? It advertises the facility so it needs to be there.