cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky sports red button

Have spoken to a now TV rep on live chat about not being able to access red button matches on sky sports tonight very disappointed. He told me they don't have the broadcasting rights to red button, I pointed out that they are owned by sky and was not happy with this. Have been told that they are hoping to get red button up and running but no time scale as to when. Why can't we access sky sports app as an alternative way to access this service.?

40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I read a thread earlier this year that Now TV would have the red button available for the 19/20 season.

As a Stoke city supporter havent i suffered enough?? 

Sort it out please. We aren't all premier league glory hunters!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Where was this thread to say that red button service would be on Sky Sports Channels for 2019/2020 season.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is the sky sports red button service on it’s way when the now tv service improvements are launched.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for post this guys. Thought I was going mad not being able to find that red button.  I don't want to watch ex-pros talking about matches they're watching on soccer saturday. The WHOLE reason I bought a months pass was to watch some football matches. Today the 'Main event' is a rugby match I have no interest in, so all football matches are on the red button. Effectively I've paid for something I can't use. Mis-selling at its finest.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there something under the trades description act about this? It advertises the facility so it needs to be there. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

so,was there technical difficulties wiv the Bristol City Villa game Fri28 which prevented me watchin it in my local pub? I think its pathetic that I have a month Sky Sports pass with Now Tv & wasnt able to watch it with the Sky sports app

even mor pathetic I had to resort to a illegal stream found on twitter but still managed to miss1st goal.Told landlord to make sure he persues Sky for loss of earnings as I live in Bristol (even tho am a Villa fan) & game was sell out I fink

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too feel like I've been mugged, eepecially having signed up for a whole year. Nowhere in the offer did it say anything about no access to the red button channels. As a fan of one of the more unfashionable championship teams, it's a deal breaker for me and I won't be renewing unless they change it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

did anyone manage to watch any (whole) championship red button games down their local pubs (having Sky) yesterday & Tuesday?Did anyone manage to watch (a whole match) via sky sports App

I spoke to a friend of mine (albeit a Chelsea fan who was far more interested in Champions League) who's Sky at home & said he couldnt see that the Villa PNE game was on red button durin half time

noeyedeer
Scholar 2

It's incredibly frustrating. Sky and the whole of football is stuck in the dark ages. 

The NFL manage to stream EVERY game live through their gamepass. You just sign up, don't have to support a team, can just watch whichever game you like and even dip in and out of games playing at the same time. 

The whole ifollow thing and streaming seems ridiculous. I don't support a team, so it seems to be able to watch any live match i have to create 72 different accounts and pay £10 for each match i want to watch even 1 minute of?? Pretty sure they don't want to take peoples money. Same with Sky. Of course tonight, they put on Hull v Blackburn which virtually nobody has any interest in watching. I'd have paid a couple of quid extra to watch Derby v Bristol City. Same with Leeds v Brentford tomorrow. But nah, can't watch them. Have to watch the absolute mince matches they are showing, or nothing. I've chose nothing. Well, watching the scores on the news channel. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there any more news on this? Even if the games were shown in sd, as long as I could watch the game! I don't think the red button feature would be hard to implement. Can't remember who's on tonight there are much better games they could have picked. Do nowtv reps reply? Can they answer this please.