cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky sports red button

Have spoken to a now TV rep on live chat about not being able to access red button matches on sky sports tonight very disappointed. He told me they don't have the broadcasting rights to red button, I pointed out that they are owned by sky and was not happy with this. Have been told that they are hoping to get red button up and running but no time scale as to when. Why can't we access sky sports app as an alternative way to access this service.?

40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This option to pick and choose which match you want to watch is perfect for a digital platform.

This multi game viewing option is going to be a big selling point for Amazon when they get some of the Premier League next season.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I understand the point about digital channels but if you subscribe to sky sports you also get access to the sky sports web site why does this not apply to Now TV customers. As a fan of championship football this could prevent me from renewing my pass next time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agree. They need to look at offering Red Button content and Sky Sports On Demand on NOWTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

til red button access is integrated in the app (now tv devices + platforms where app runs now) I don't know why they don't just setup every valid id + password with the sports pass to work on the sky sports app which I've tried on ios + android? ok it's annoying that it doesnt have cast ability but as a stopgap.? I too don't believe this "don't have rights" to show it malarky

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am an avid football fan. But I travel a lot with work, so I'm not always home. So, I have the Now TV full package. However, recently I was made aware of the new Now TV Smart hub with better features. I called Now TV & I was told I would be able to watch sky sports red button games on the new smart hub. So I went out & purchased the hub. Only to find out that the red button wasn't working on any of the sports channels. I called Now TV again & I was told that red button isn't currently available for sky sports. I said, when I called earlier before I made the purchase, that red button was. They denied this was the case & suggested I miss heard what was said. 

I have now since cancelled all my packages & returned the Now TV Smart box with some haggling but they accepted it. I am on the cusp of cancelling my sky TV package & phone, broadband. Moving to Vodafone for my home broadband with no landline fee & dipped my toes into a Freesat box which is working wonderfully & a Roku stick for TV on my travels. 

I do not like being lied to to encourage business, especially from Sky!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any news when Sky Sport red button service and catch up service will launch on now tv smart box with Freeview and sticks.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Not to sound rude, but constantly you ask the same question across different posts. The answer remains the same until an official announcement from BT/Sky is made. 

Trials for an updated Now TV app is still ongoing, so it won't be anytime soon. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's not good, and as far as I can remember the restriction wasn't pointed out??

If you are paying for sky sports, then you expect to be able to view every match.

It's frustrating when your team plays in the championship - laptops, ipads, android devices don't have a red button option!!! 

You signed up expecting to be able to watch championship games!

Money back?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Spoke to now TV on live chat and got a very unhelpful reply that red button is not available but they are working on it. They would not say when it might become available, as a subscriber why can't we have access to sky sports app to make red button available as a stop gap.