cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Size Dimensions Of Now TV stick

OK, the new Now tv "stick" has only recently been introduced and as far as I can see there is no other place on the forum to post messages about it.

I currently have the black box which at the moment is ok for me, but what I am annoyed about is no one as far as I can tell has mentioned the all important dimensions of the Now tv stick, as I believe it will not fit all televisions without having an adapter and/or connection to the mains to use the usb function, if your tv like mine doesn't have a usb port.

Why couldn't Now tv give more support to the black box. In my opinion they are spending too much money on introducing various new devices to watch Now tv, are they really necessary ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The stick is 8.5cm long (including HDMI plug) by 2cm wide by 1cm deep approx. When connected to TV it will protrude 8.5cm out including the USB cable connected to it, and the cable itself is a pretty generous 150cm long. You could use a small HDMI extension cable to connect where room is lacking (cheap enough to buy), it's possible NOW TV may even provide the option of one, although they've not confirmed if they will or not yet (Roku provide an option to send one for Roku Sticks, although they apparently take ages to arrive).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The stick is 8.5cm long (including HDMI plug) by 2cm wide by 1cm deep approx. When connected to TV it will protrude 8.5cm out including the USB cable connected to it, and the cable itself is a pretty generous 150cm long. You could use a small HDMI extension cable to connect where room is lacking (cheap enough to buy), it's possible NOW TV may even provide the option of one, although they've not confirmed if they will or not yet (Roku provide an option to send one for Roku Sticks, although they apparently take ages to arrive).

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

PS the official release of the stick will be next Monday so I would expect a dedicated board on the forum will be set up then, along with help pages and tech specs relating to the stick appearing on the NOW TV website.