cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Setup sticking

Hi. I have just received a new Now stick. I can't get on to stage 6 in the set up process.  I have tried to do a reset and a factory reset with no luck.  The wi fi signal is good and we went through the update process. I now have a purple screen with Now on it and icons that sequence in rotation. I have also powered the stick down with no luck. I always come back to the same point. The remote is not working at this stage. Any pointers?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

You dont need to access these hidden menus to get the stick working, i only used it as a tool to formulate a prognosis.

I am guessing that they do know of the limitations of the stick given the first line responses they advise. All products are subject to its environment, and agree the limited instructions offered to the customer is pretty poor. My guess is that the first line are working from a script of known issues and steps which would resolve majority of cases but it may be the case they are not aware technically the underlying cause. 

I myself maybe barking up the wrong tree and my opinion of what is happening maybe completely inaccurate, but feel my prognosis given the information i have at my disposal is justified and offers more to the users who are struggling still then the support are offering.

I cant blame them to be fair as in a perfect environment during testing they probably achieved 99% success rate but thats where product testing falls flat on its face. Unfortunately their customer's systems aren't perfect. the limitations of technology is the cause of their grief and they will require to identify each problem on an individual basis.

I work in IT so have a certain level of background understanding of the process they are looking to achieve and the hurdles faced when trying to deploy it to Joe Public so i have a certain advantage but for those who are left it is only as good as the support offered. 

I can also understand why they would not want access to the hidden menus becoming public knowledge although the steps are out there in the public domain, which is why i havent disclosed the method to access it as you are likely to cause more harm then good. Like i said access to these menus are not essential as they offer diagnostic data tailored to the environment you are in.

If you havent already moved to another provider and if you still have fight left in you try and try again or I would force an escalation which would most probably work better in your favour. This is the least you deserve as a paying customer. 

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK. It has been boxed off back to Now TV for exchange. The Factory reset had even stopped working. Will see how the next one works.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

New replacement stick arrived this morning. Setup with no problem and now fully working.

If all else fails get a replacement. Didn't even have to pay return postage.

Cheers.

superglo2012
Scholar 3

The stick just keeps going to the screen where there is a football, mouth, heart, flashing continously and goes no further I have contacted Now tv several times as I want a refund on a useless piece of equipment I have been watching on my roku for 6 years no problem even this stick is made my roku and this is a cheap piece of total rubbish I would pay for a stick from roku at a more expensive price as there must be something wrong with the stick to be sold at this price can anyone help to where i send this back as I am getting fed up with Now tv not responding quick enough

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@superglo2012 If you definitely want to return it and you bought it from NOW TV you'd need to contact them again to authorise the return. Details on this help page

https://help.nowtv.com/article/return-or-replace-now-tv-box-stick-or-accessories

There's a couple of help pages here in case there's something you've not tried already to get the stick working

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-tv-box-stick

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick

(In your particular case the second link won't help as you can't get past the initial loadup, try the physical reset in the first link if you haven't already).

superglo2012
Scholar 3

I am having problems with trying to return this item, no email replies from Now tv on how and where to return the stick as I have decided it is a useless and non working item I do not need.

I will probably purchase the roku express from somewhere I can return it without this hassle.

Thanks for the reply but I have reset it tried and tried and cannot get past the updates where the now tv logo is flashing with football mouth and heart

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@superglo2012 Did you try live chat, or have you just been emailing? If you've not tried live chat yet I'd recommend going through them to try and get it sorted. You can get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section at the bottom for options)

superglo2012
Scholar 3

After messing around with my printer for a label, which does not let you add your full address what a stupid page if anyone has tried to send back anything the set out is terrible I needed an address which would not fill out, after all that I have finally managed to get the stick working I just pressed the voice then the ok button and it came up to screen display and carried on just today I thought I would just have another go could not believe it worked so now this is just a back up if my roku stops working after 6 years good little box the xs.

Thanks for responding and trying to help as I was just repeating myself with the chat

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@superglo2012 No worries, glad you've managed to sort it.