cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Setting up my smart stick

Good Morning,

I recently purchased a smart stick and am having real problems linking it to my NOW TV account.

when following the setup procedure, having entered in the activation code the TV I am led to a screen that says something along the lines of...

Almost there... add passes etc to watch now tv on your tv.

the code then refreshes and I'm back to square one. I have a few active passes and had absolutely no problem adding my phone as a device

I have spoken to the community supporters who have helped as best they could however unsuccessful. I have reset the stick, used different browsers and nothing seems to work. 

does anyone have any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Many Thanks,

Joey.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you a BT TV customer ?

Reading the message the only thing i can suggest which is a bit of a long shot and i doubt it will work to be honest is to log out of your account on the nowtv website, then sign back in, then go to My Account > Passes & Vouchers to see if towards the top of the screen page that there is a message saying Vouchers Waiting For You with a link to redeem the voucher that came with the stick.

If there is an option to redeem the voucher and you want the voucher to start straight away, then maybe redeem it to see if it clears the previous message and then allows the stick to finish it's setting up process so you can start using the stick and voucher.

Apart from that you will need to add your stick serial number to the link thread that i posted so NowTV can investigate this further.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I wonder if you are encountering the same problem from this linked thread below (all though you are seeing a different error message when attempting to enter the stick activation code on the nowtv webpage).

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Stick/New-now-tv-stick-and-need-help/m-p/528017#M4767 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, @schnapps.

thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

I have just tried all of the recommended fixes in that post to no avail, I am still receiving the following page:

Almost there... Before you can start watching, you'll need to head to My Account to redeem your voucher or get a TV Pass.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you a BT TV customer ?

Reading the message the only thing i can suggest which is a bit of a long shot and i doubt it will work to be honest is to log out of your account on the nowtv website, then sign back in, then go to My Account > Passes & Vouchers to see if towards the top of the screen page that there is a message saying Vouchers Waiting For You with a link to redeem the voucher that came with the stick.

If there is an option to redeem the voucher and you want the voucher to start straight away, then maybe redeem it to see if it clears the previous message and then allows the stick to finish it's setting up process so you can start using the stick and voucher.

Apart from that you will need to add your stick serial number to the link thread that i posted so NowTV can investigate this further.