cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Scam or genuine

Hello all, how do I speak with a real person ? I had a call today from an automated machine, saying my nowtv is getting switched off at 12 midnight due to suspicious activity on my broadband? And don’t understand what this means, could any help with a contact number for Now TV ?? I need to speak to someone in person 🥺

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User in 99.9% sure this is a scam but for your own peace of mind, ring the number below

Screenshot_20200729-211843.jpg

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Yeah Rogers

It's a scam but to put your mind at ease, here's a number you can call:

0800 759 1213

BTW, I've had a few of those automated calls as well, and Now TV is not my ISP, I just ignored and put my phone down.  

Later on my bank account thanked me.

UK Bob 

Not sure how to use this facility but today I was called by this number 003441753477884 by someone claiming to be from Sky and that my router was showing error messages and that I should get online so he could help.  I doubted this was genuine and put the phone down but was I right?  

Thanks 

Sarah

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@uselessarticle 

As far as I am aware Now TV will never contact you to inform you about a faulty router. For a peace of mind you can call the broadband teaam.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

How to submit your complaint:

• Give us a call on 08007591213 to speak directly to a NOW TV advisor.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

@gavs82008 Thanks, I rang NOWTV no. 0330 3323050 and they clarified it was definitely a scam

ukbobboy
Legend

@uselessarticle 

Sarah

You should never worry about doing the right thing, and putting the phone down on scammers is the right thing.

Also remember, scammers will phone, email, send you letters and even visit your home but all you have to do, to keep yourself and your money safe, is not engage with them.  That is, simply put, do not talk to them, reply to any letters they may send or let them in when they come knocking on your door, i.e. do not engage. Because to do anything else would put your financial well being in immediate danger, so always do the right thing.

Finally, be safe and don't worry.

UK Bob

@ukbobboy Thanks!