cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smountifield
Scholar

Re: SMART Stick or SMART box

@schnapps I'm unaware of any 'judder' when watching anything previously...

@Andy Good pop quiz answers... Thx 🙂

0 Thanks
smountifield
Scholar

Can you tell me what this is...? The Roku stick is just one stick isnt it... Does it need tl be plugged in two ports... 

3rd image in...  Click me !!!!

Thx 

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @smountifield

With the Roku Stick Plus (4K) you need a HDMI port version 2 with HDCP 2.2 if you want 4K or HDMI 1.4 for 1080p on your TV set.

Regarding power, you can either use a USB port on your TV set if it supports 5v dc 1 amp or use the power adapter that comes in the box to plug into a 240v mains power outlet socket.

The power cable also comes with powerful external wifi reciever (which is the chunky bit shown on the photo between the Stick and the wire going to the USB port on the TV to draw the power).

WT77
Scholar

@smountifieldwrote:

@schnapps I'm unaware of any 'judder' when watching anything previously...

I don't get any "judder" with NOW TV playback through any Roku device(s) on my TV's... so it might be dependent on the exact specifications of your TV. Most modern sets should be happy with displaying content at 60Hz (such as NTSC video) as well as 50Hz (such as with PAL recordings) - which mine are - so, assuming yours is too, you should be okay. It's also worth remembering that, if you opt for the 4K Roku Streaming Stick+, there is an option within the 'Advanced system settings' for enabling the device to "Auto-adjust display refresh rate" which will then output the native format of each movie, video or TV show. This should fix things for those who might experience such issues with their particular TV model.

More info in this 'Roku Support' help article:-

How to change the display refresh rate to match the native format of each movie, video or TV show

0 Thanks
smountifield
Scholar

The 'My Feed', on the Roku interface ... Does this track your viewing across all channels??? NOW, Netflix erc. etc.???

0 Thanks
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@smountifield wrote:

The 'My Feed', on the Roku interface ... Does this track your viewing across all channels??? NOW, Netflix erc. etc.???

@smountifield Not across every channel available on the Roku, but across the main ones that Roku have partnered with like NOW TV, Amazon, Netflix, Google Play (same applies to the search option on the homescreen). More info on how it works here

https://support.roku.com/en-gb/article/208756898-how-to-follow-your-favorite-shows-using-my-feed

0 Thanks
smountifield
Scholar

@Andy I think that seals the deal... Thx bud

Highlighted
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@smountifield Just read your message again, the Feed option doesn't track your viewing as such, it's a way of you specifying movies, actors etc you are interested in and then getting notifications when new things are available to buy/watch, but that link tells you all about it so I'm sure you've got the gist!

Goodplan53
Advocate

I have a Now TV account with an Entertainment pass and was lucky enough to receive free of charge a refurbished Roku STB, which works brilliantly on my main TV at home.  I work away during the week and have signed up for a new HDMI Smart Stick so that I can watch Now TV from my flat, and signed up for the £19.99 package that offers two months Entertainment Pass.  The small print on the ad said existing customers simply add the voucher to their account, but there is no voucher.  My account payment shows that my next £7.99 payment will go out next month as planned, but surely this should be in three months' time, as I have already paid in advance with the Smart Stick?  

Can anyone advise on this, please?  It seems that Now TV are quick to take payment, but make it complicated for customers to get the package we have paid for.  Am I missing something obvious, perhaps?  

Much obliged, thank you.

Goodplan53

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Goodplan53

There should be a scratch card voucher that comes with the smart stick in the box packing, double check all the paperwork that comes with the stick.

Also, does it say on the outer packing on the box including 2 month entertainment voucher ?

A small number of customers have reported that there was no voucher code scratch card in the box, if you are one of these unlucky customers you will have to contact the Retailer that you bought the smart stick from and ask for a replacement.

If you do manage to find the 2 month entertainment voucher in the box, then just apply the code to your existing account.