cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

SMART Stick or SMART box

Hi folks...

New to the forum... I have recently left SKY, having been with them for donkey's years... and have now subbed to NOW TV on a 6 month pre pay offer... I still want Freeview and the players (BBC, ITV, 4od, 5od) and I watch Netflix a lot...

I was just about to buy a SMART box, when I dived in feet first for a new Apple TV 4k... However, the NOW tv app on apple is just awful, so that has gone back...

So... SMART box on offer or the new SMART stick... ??? Do they do the same thing, or have they lost some of the features in the new Stick?

Also, is the interface teh same as the standard Samsung tv App? No improvemnts ??

Thx in advance for your help folks...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I think live chat sometimes get mixed up between Freeview over-the-air broadcasts and the catch-up apps.

No Eurosport on any of the NOW TV devices I'm afraid. 

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Andy

Hi S

First, I need to say this, I am not a fan of the stick or any other stick, I just don't like their design.

However, if you want a stick with the ability to install Netflix, Now TV and anything else you can think of then you should get the Roku stick, it is more expensive and you will not get a free promotional Now TV pass but it is more flexible and you will be able to use many more channels.

OK, now you have a choice.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do I know if my TV is compatible for a smart stick it has a hdmi socket in the back but no usb is this ok

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

Yes, @Anonymous User no problem. The stick comes with a power supply, so you can use that instead of the tv’s usb socket that you don’t have.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your help bought a stick without thinking

Legend 5
Legend 5

Regarding the TVPLAYER App on Roku I find it is crashing a lot
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just recived my Now tv smart stick. Do i need to contect the stick to the tv via a HDMI port only or can i use a USB port?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

You would need to connect the smart stick to an HDMI port on your TV for getting the picture & sound, where the USB port is used for power to the stick.

Should your TV haven't got a USB port or the USB port doesn't give sufficient power to operate the stick, then you will need to use the power adaptor that came in the box.