cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Replacement WiFi remote for STICK

Lost the WiFi remote for my smart STICK (not box). I cannot find one to buy anywhere - only seems to be remotes that work with boxes. 

I've been onto NowTV customer service chat and was no help - they just gave me a list of shops - none of these shops sell them. 

The sky accessories store has them for £8, but the store is "closed" for some reason.

Anyone have any ideas where I can get a replacement?? Don't mind third party as long as it works. 

13 REPLIES 13
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Do you own a smartphone or tablet ?

If so you could consider the free Roku Remote App you can download for free from the mobile device Apps Store.

My understanding the Sky Store online accessories shop is temporary closed due to Covid 19, but you can still telephone them to place an order.

Do you subscribe to NowTV Passes or intrested in NowTV passes, then if so maybe consider a replacement NowTV Stick with the bundled vouchers currently selling for £19.99 from places like Currys, Argos etc.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply.

I have the app already but I want to replace the remote.

I've tried calling the phone number,and I just get stuck in voice automated
hell. "Please say what you're calling for.....order a mobile phone? Is that
correct?.....I'm sorry.....To order Now TV go to NowTV.com...."

I can't believe this is so difficult to just buy an £8 remote.

Closed the website due to covid? Can you catch covid from a website?? (😂)
Aristocats3
Advocate

I'm having the same problem 😕 so annoying.  Looks like the only way to replace it is to buy the stick again with remote included, which seems a bit unfair, and costly.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User there are third party remotes on Amazon for about £8.

Also consider that there are Black Friday offers on for the stick at most major retailers - £19.99 with a months cinema, a months entertainment and a days sport. With the free passes it works out cheaper than just buying a remote!

Chl0hilt0n
Mentor

I am having this exact problem and came to ask about it. Sky had no idea what I was talking about and said they do not sell them referring me to NowTV. NowTV said they are out of stock and gave retailers list. I said could they link me to one for the stick not the box as I have tried most of the retailers and they do not sell them - they linked me to one on ebay (not an official seller and £18!!) And when I queried this linked me to one on amazon that is only compatible with boxes. They said that's the best they can do and I can wait until they are back in stock. They are unable to email me when it comes back in stock though, so what am I meant to do just keep asking every day?! Then they cut me off saying call sky and ended the chat - even though I just told them I called sky already and was told they don't do them. I need a remote as it's for my SN childs room and they cannot be using my phone or having me do it every time. It's ridiculous...

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Chl0hilt0n 

Did you try the Sky Store Accessories Shop telephone number shown in this screen shot below.

I have no idea if they are in stock via telephoning the screen shot number below.

Screenshot_2021-02-21-15-51-55.png

Chl0hilt0n
Mentor

Yes I have literally just called them less than an hour ago and the guy had no idea, they do not sell anything related to NowTV and cannot order them and said you can only get them through NowTV direct.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Chl0hilt0n 

Sounds to me that the Sky person on the other end of the telephone call doesn't have a clue what accessory products that they sell on the official Sky Accessories online website shop.

If it was me i would try the number again, where you may get a Sky representative who knows what products that they actually sell on their website.

Should they no longer sell the NowTV replacement remotes, then Sky should remove the relevant webpages from their Sky website.

Chl0hilt0n
Mentor

Thanks for responding. He was from the accessories sales team (as I asked to speak to them and he said I am them!) and double checked with his supervisor so I feel like if anyone was to know it would be them. He said he didn't know why it was on the site but if it says ordering is closed maybe it's because it's Sunday and could I try again tomorrow (which confused me as I'd assumed it was due to covid). I can call again but it took me ages to get through and it really shouldn't be this much bother just to buy a new one, seems like nobody at either company has a clue about their own product, it's very frustrating.