cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remote

My remote has stopped working. Anytime try to press any button the power button flashes red any ideas why? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Are you powering the nowtv stick off the usb port on your television ?

If so try the supplied mains power adpator that comes with the stick instead and re pair the remote by following this instructions linked below to see if that makes a difference,

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-pair-your-smart-remote

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Are you powering the nowtv stick off the usb port on your television ?

If so try the supplied mains power adpator that comes with the stick instead and re pair the remote by following this instructions linked below to see if that makes a difference,

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-pair-your-smart-remote

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi sorry it's a box I have n it's the power button on the control that flashes red when I try to use the control 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

OK, ignore my previous post then if you haven't got a nowtv stick.

Which nowtv box do you have, white, black, smart box with the blue nowtv logo on the top casing or 4K smart box with the pink nowtv logo on the top of the box casing ?

When you say the power button flashes red, is that the power light on the front of the box or something else ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's a black TV box 2. On the remote control the power button flashes red when I press any of the buttons so no longer works the TV box

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I am guessing you have tried fresh new batteries with the nowtv remote ?

What happens if you put the remote close up to the box towards the right hand front corner of the box where the IR receiver is located and start pressing the buttons (does the box respond to any commands from the remote) ?

Have you tried powering off the box for 30 secs by unplugging the box from the mains power socket to see if that kicks start the remote back to life ?

You could temporary use the free Roku Remote Controller App from your smartphone App store to control the nowtv box in the short term if you wish.

I wouldn't feel comfortable saying that you need a new replacement remote, just in case its the box infra red receiver at fault.