cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remote problem

Hi I bought a Now TV stick on Friday and I'm having a problem with the remote.

I need to move the remote around and keep pressing the buttons until I find an area where it actually starts responding/picking up the button pressed.

My TV is about 10 feet away from me, about 6 feet high off the ground on a wall bracket, and my internet router is on a little unit below the TV.

From what I've gathered the remote is supposed to work using the WiFi and not the IR blaster, however it literally only works in certain areas.

I've restarted the now TV stick, unpaired the remote and paired again, and even done a factory reset but to no avail.

If someone could help me out with this I'd appreciate it, thank you! 

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Having your Router too close to the stick is not ideal.

If your Router is dual band try the 5ghz frequency over wifi or maybe if practically possible experiment in moving your Router around to see if the stick remote can maintain a stable connection with the stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah see I can't really move the router a huge amount, it's been set up in such a way that I can only probably move it a few feet.

Also unfortunately it's not dual band, it's only 2.4ghz.

I'll try move it around a bit as much as I can later on and see what happens.

Thanks for your help!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Another thing that might be worth trying is to swap the stick onto another HDMI port on your television, just in case the stick is picking up any interference (a side HDMI port on the TV may work better and if you have a HDMI fly lead lying around the house somewhere, maybe try that has well which might improve the wifi reception on the stick when communicating with the stick remote).