cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remote faulty or stick?

Remote doesn't work all the time. I have to switch device off and wait for a while to turn back on or I have to unplug stick from tv and wait a while and plug back in.

Anyone else have this problem or know how I can solve it?

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Seems to be happening to quite a few people (myself included) where i lose the smart remote connection on my NowTV  4K Smart box usually every day.

I have reported it to the NowTV Team and for me the easiest way (not ideal thou) is by temporary removing the batteries on the remote controller or using the free Roku remote controller App on my smartphone.

Unfortunately i can't try a full factory reset on my NowTV box at the moment because i am currently undergoing a NowTV software trial which i would lose from the box if i attempted a factory reset 😠.

Browni
Advocate

I have 2 smart sticks that exhibit the same behaviour in that the remote control seems to stop working.

Unplugging the stick from the TV for a few seconds restores functionality as does a system restart which I can initiate from the Android app.

Unfortunately these workarounds only work for a day or so before the stick stops responding to the remote control again. {sigh}