cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remote control

Hi

i have a now stick with the volume control, voice recognition and on and off function

i have bought a new Sharp tv but these functions do not work now although they worked fine with my old tv which was many years old 

Does anyone know why this is please????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you....I will try this in a bit. I haven’t tried the voice control as I thought it would not work 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous User
Not applicable

MEDION worked. I'd just about given up on ever being able to use just one remote, but finally I can. Thank you 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you selecting Medion worked perfectly for me on the sharp lc-24dhf4011k

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Using the Medion option worked for me. Thank you.

RoyB
Legend

Sharp TVs are known to use RF instead of IR, so no IR remote, like the Roku/NowTV remote, will work their TV functions like On/Off and Volume Up/Down.

Could this be your problem here?

Voice Search is fine because that, in common with all the other buttons on the NowTV remote, operates functions of the NowTV Stick, not functions of the TV.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Bex02

my control suddenly stopped. It won't work. Not sure what's happened need a new one please

RoyB
Legend

@Bex02 

Best to start your own thread, rather than reply to a five-year-old one on a completely different topic 😢

But nobody is going to give you a new remote, and Now don’t sell them any more.

Have you tried new batteries in the remote?

Looking at the business end of it through the camera of a mobile, which makes the beam flickering visible?

Resetting it?

Downloading the Roku Remote app to a mobile phone or iPad to see if that will control it?

And what is it the remote for, anyway? If it’s a Now box, one of the £7 Roku remotes on Amazon will suffice. But if it is a Now Stick, then remotes are few and far between, and so expensive you would do better to get a Roku Express HD to replace the Stick completely.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.