cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remote control

Hi

i have a now stick with the volume control, voice recognition and on and off function

i have bought a new Sharp tv but these functions do not work now although they worked fine with my old tv which was many years old 

Does anyone know why this is please????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you....I will try this in a bit. I haven’t tried the voice control as I thought it would not work 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It is because TV manufacturers use different IR command codes.

Perhaps try setting up the stick again and maybe keep repeating the remote setup process to see if the IR codes can be found & picked up by the nowtv remote.

Have a read of this help guide and maybe follow these instructions.

https://support.roku.com/en-gb/article/360004786894-why-is-my-roku-enhanced-remote-not-controlling-volume-and-power-on-my-tv-

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Aren't newer European Sharp TV's manufactured by Vestel, perhaps see if there is an option under TV Brands for Vestel.

Also instead of going straight to the TV brands options on the stick, what happens if you hear the music prompts and instead of saying yes, press no and see if the next code works with the nowtv remote and so on until a code is hopefully accepted by the remote ?

Obviously there always a small chance that the nowtv smart remote doesn't have your TV brand code in it's saved data base Smiley Sad

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Forgot to mention that your TV IR codes should only have a bearing on the nowtv smart remote standby and volume adjust buttons and shouldn't have any effect with the voice search button which works over direct wifi like the rest of buttons on the nowtv remote.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you....I will try this in a bit. I haven’t tried the voice control as I thought it would not work 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve tried under the Vestel heading but no good☹️

The voice control does work though 👍

Thanks for your help though

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you want to use the now tv control to control volume and standby mode of the sharp tv and it doesnt work try and search for the brand “medion” and it should work. Worked for me🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks this worked - put the device name under medion 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks so much I have a sharp 49" smart tv which I haven't been able to use volume on now tv remote for 2 years. just tried medion option on remote setup and it worked a treat. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That worked medion thanks you so much friend 👍🏼