cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoJo001
Mentor

Regretting the swap

I changed to the smart stick last week and wish I had not bothered as I've had problems since.  The picture is "fuzzy" for the first few minutes, clears, and then goes fuzzy again.  It has frozen on more than one occasion and I've had to unplug and start again on both movies and entertainment.  The new problem started yesterday with constant buffering then "no content available" on entertainment and some sections of movies.  I have tried the fix noted elsewhere and used the secret menu software update but this made no difference.  I am on 8.0.3 which I think is the most up to date, and there are no WiFi problems.  I have seen others comment on it affecting TalkTalk wifi...is this the issue?  If so when can we expect a fix?  Should I plug my old white box back in and accept I wasted money on the new tech or will something be done about the issue quickly?  I have managed to get around some of the problems using menus which do sometimes work ( picking up continue watching from the home menu) but this is not ideal, and doesn't allow me access to everything I want and am paying for.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@JoJo001

Difficult to say exactly what your issue is as I don't have any of those problems with my stick, but in case the fuzzy picture is a wifi issue you can try rebooting your broadband router and experimenting with the position of the stick eg changing the HDMI port it is in (try a side port if you have one) and if you have a little HDMI extender cable lying around the house try using that (I wouldn't bother buying one if you don't already have one as there's no guarantee it would improve things).

Whilst there have been reports of problems by some TalkTalk customers it's difficult to tell if this is the cause of your problem, it seems more an issue with the NOW TV app not opening properly. There is also a 'content not found' issue but this again only seems to affect some users and it's not clear if 8.0.3 should have fixed it or not. I can only suggest you read the following threads and if you think it matches the problems you are having then reply to those to register you are affected and make sure you get email notifications of updates

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/Now-TV-Smart-Box-NowTV-App-after-Update/td-p/460389

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Cinema/MOVIES-BROWSING-ISSUES/td-p/461076