cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problems activating Now tv Smart Stick

Hi. I'm having issues trying to activate my smart stick.

I got to the point where I entered the on screen code into my now tv account on my computer and now all I'm getting on the tv is "oops something went wrong. There's a problem loading the next page. Hit the back button on your remote and try again"

Hitting the back button takes me back to the 'Get Started' page. If I select get started, I continually get the above message.

I've tried rebooting my modem and de-powering the TV to no avail.

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the exact same problem with mine also

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Working for me now so presume they have fixed whatever the problem was. Phew!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok, so now they're saying there are no known issues however, I'm now stuck with a screen that says "linking"

This is driving me nuts.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine is now working..stick with it

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine is also now working. I turned it off again: pulled USB lead from plug, pulled out stick from HSMI port on TV, turned off wifi. I left it for a good 10-15 minutes. Turned on wifi and then plugged in stick again. Pale blue screen for ages. Put it onto normal TV while I waited. Emailed husband about a lift I need tomorrow. Turned it back onto Now TV screen. Hugh Jackman's bloody face again. Clicked on Get started. Again. Worked!!! Am now connnected and kids watching Incredibles 2. 

Still no email from customer services though. Useless. 

Hope you get sorted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

had the same problem while trying to activate the tv code on my phone using chrome browser so I went on my laptop and used edge browser instead and it worked no problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Like other members my smart stick was fin for a week and whilst it starts and takes me through to my TV as soon as I choose a channel the 'Oops something is wrong, cannot download video comes up. I have re-bootesd several times but stick gets quite warm but is still faulty