cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem getting smart stick up and running

I am connected to the Internet and my stick is in position however all I am getting on my tv is a black screen with the now tv logo bouncing up and down and from side to side.Tried the options they suggest to sort the problem but all to no avail.Please help.

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds like the stick is stuck in it's screen saver mode.

I don't know what trouble shooting steps you have been told, but i would try rebooting the stick first by switching off the power to the stick.

Then maybe try a different HDMI port on your TV and use the power plug adapter that was supplied with the stick.

If nothing is happening when you click the buttons on the remote try re pairing the remote with the stick.

Instructions here.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-pair-your-smart-remote

Should there be still no response between the remote and stick after re pairing it, then maybe try a full factory reset by holding in the small reset button when the stick is powered up for about 10 secs. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi thanks for the quick response, watching tv at the moment will try options offered later.I will let you know how things progress. Thanks again

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Big thanks to you schnapps tried what you suggested and now up and running.

Jon4
Advocate

I have tried all of those things and the stick is still just giving me black screen. Is there any way that I can get a replacement stick do you know?

RoyB
Legend

@Jon4 

Now no longer supply Now TV Sticks. The nearest thing would be a Roku Express or Roku Stick, though an Amazon Firestick is an alternative choice (but rather second best to Roku in my opinion).

I suppose you have checked you can’t get the Now app directly on your TV?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jon4
Advocate

Hi thanks for this. I am going to update my Fire stick to get the app on there

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Jon4 

Any lights showing or flashing on the Stick itself ?

Have you got another TV to temporary test the Stick on ?

NOW don't sell their NOW Stick or streaming boxes anymore and these devices have been discontinued.

If you need a replacement look at something like a Roku or Amazon Fire Stick.

Jon4
Advocate

Hi thanks for this. I have a Fire stick but only 1st generation, so I will update to get the app