cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Price of passes for Smart Stick

Why will it cost £19.99 for 2 months entertainment pass for stick, when box pass only costs £7.99 per month ?

Also why movies for £19.99 per month, when box movie pass is only £9.99 per month ?

I would upgrade my 3-4 black boxes with sticks if you didn't affect the per month price.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The price of £19.99 is for the smart stick together with a bundled voucher code (either 1 month cinema pass voucher or a 2 month entertainment voucher that you can add to your account anytime during the 12 month period) and this is not what you will be paying each month.

Using the smart stick is the same monthly subscription prices has the nowtv boxes or any other nowtv playback device which is currently £7.99 entertainment and £9.99 for movies.

You can save further money on your account if you wish by also purchasing separate nowtv gift card vouchers from places like Argos or Currys for 3 month entertainment for £15 or 2 month movies for £15 and apply the codes to your account.

Yes you can use your existing account details when setting up the smart sticks, where you can have a maximum of 4 devices and 2 simultaneous streams on a single nowtv account. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User
If you seen press release about Smart Stick then would see price of Stick at £14.99 standalone, so in a way your getting a Cinema pass for 1 month at price of £5 instead of normal price and for Entertainment pass getting it for £5 for two months then goes back to normal price after free offer , unless you find in Argos £15 Cinema pass for two months or £15 Entertainment pass for 3 months.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also will it be possible to login to an already existing now tv account via the stick ?

And if so, won't that bypass the different pricing strategy ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The price of £19.99 is for the smart stick together with a bundled voucher code (either 1 month cinema pass voucher or a 2 month entertainment voucher that you can add to your account anytime during the 12 month period) and this is not what you will be paying each month.

Using the smart stick is the same monthly subscription prices has the nowtv boxes or any other nowtv playback device which is currently £7.99 entertainment and £9.99 for movies.

You can save further money on your account if you wish by also purchasing separate nowtv gift card vouchers from places like Argos or Currys for 3 month entertainment for £15 or 2 month movies for £15 and apply the codes to your account.

Yes you can use your existing account details when setting up the smart sticks, where you can have a maximum of 4 devices and 2 simultaneous streams on a single nowtv account. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's a nice explanation, thank you Schnapps, don't know how I missed that info myself to be honest.

chilli2
Elite

As previously mentioned the cost of the Stick on its own is £15

for that you get access to all the main TV catchup servies, such as iplayer/itv/chaenl 4/chanel 5 and now UKTV play, plus a fe extras, and ( correct me if im worng) a free month trail to now tv entertainments or movies.

The passes usualy retail for 7.99 (ent) or 9.99 (movies) per month, or slgtly cheaper with a pre pay card.

If the stick follows the same price strategy as the black box, then look out for special offers, in the retail chain the box plus 6 months entertainment /4 months movies dropped as low as £25 giving a substantial saving.