cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Price Increase vs Value for Money

I received a text message from NOW TV alerting me to a price increase. It was worded like a back-handed apology, "sorry but we have no choiuce but to do this!"

So @ £11.99 per month I have to weigh up value for money. I note Netflix is £9.99 per month for 4 users inclusive of TV shows and Movies.... hence I can share this streaming service with my family, driving the cost down. Streaming is more reliable, episodes less likely to be missing as well as true HD and even 4K streams.

So @ £11.99 is a Sky Cinema Movies  pass value for money! Absolutely not!

NOW TV may also want to think about bringing online payments in line with that of a NOW TV pass available in the highstreet. There is something quite wrong that people can get a Cinema pass at Tesco for £15.00 for two months, yet get penalised for paying Monthly via DD/Credit card at the new price of £11.99. Sky Sports falls into this category.... £25.00 for a 1 month pass in the High Street, £33.99 when paying via DD or the website.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I received a text message from NOW TV alerting me to a price increase. It was worded like a back-handed apology, "sorry but we have no choiuce but to do this!"

So @ £11.99 per month I have to weigh up value for money. I note Netflix is £9.99 per month for 4 users inclusive of TV shows and Movies.... hence I can share this streaming service with my family, driving the cost down. Streaming is more reliable, episodes less likely to be missing as well as true HD and even 4K streams.

So @ £11.99 is a Sky Cinema Movies  pass value for money! Absolutely not!

NOW TV may also want to think about bringing online payments in line with that of a NOW TV pass available in the highstreet. There is something quite wrong that people can get a Cinema pass at Tesco for £15.00 for two months, yet get penalised for paying Monthly via DD/Credit card at the new price of £11.99. Sky Sports falls into this category.... £25.00 for a 1 month pass in the High Street, £33.99 when paying via DD or the website.

Absolutely agree with everything you say. I can’t understand the price point on all the different passes.

Entertainment pass D/D £7.99 per month - High Street £10.00 for 2 months

So far when my current pass finishes I will have paid £18.75 total for 4 months if I paid D/D for the same amount of time it would have cost £31.96. There is definitely an issue with pricing on Now Tv and there main selling point on the Entertainment pass is the Live channel selection.

cheers

starman73
Elite

@Anonymous User wrote:

Does anyone pay full price for Now TV?  I am always getting offers in my inbox and if I cancel I tend to get an offer as well.  Whereas for Netflix I never do.

The real question for me is does Now TV @ £3.20/month for entertainmemt offer better value than £10/month for Netflix.  And right now as I am watching TWD, GoT and The Wire, it does.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have to agree with OP.

I have Netflix, NowTV (movies) and use Rakuten on occasion.

But, with Netflix offering a really good mix of films and TV, multiple devices and users, offline playback, HD. And the big one 'No Adverts!'

NowTV has those un-skippable ads pre movie, and is now almost £12pm, Ive cancelled. I can get 3 'Friday night' films on Rakuten for £12 - and new releases too.

I hear all the 'I never pay full price' comments, but its not really the way for Sky to do it - ie. have  people HAVE to hunt around for deals. Spotify, Dezzer etc dont do this, Neither does Netflix - just a simple monthly fee. 

I for one am just fed uop now of the underhand attempts to gain a few more quid from customers. Sky - just make it a simple, standard monthly cost - nothing hidden - just open and fair.

....but wait. before you cancel. how about half price for 3 month?! 

Oh go away. Start off right.

(eye roll)

Legend 5
Legend 5
It is all a matter of perspective. If you have Virgin for example it cost £21 to get Sky movies, making it cheaper to go with Now TV. Particularly if you buy the gift cards from retailers or get an offer when you cancel.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
ukbobboy
Legend

@4268 

You know 4268

People will complain if they have variety of choices, as they do with Now TV, or complain if they have little or no choice.

As for me, I like the variety of buying/payment choices I have with Now TV and the fact that I can refuse to purchase or cancel a services I no longer want, i.e. Movies.

Just remember the old saying, "You can't please everybody (so don't try)".

UK Bob