cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SouthCoastAsh
Mentor

Pre loaded smart stick with sky sports. Activate now but redeem later.

I have  recently purchased a Smart Stick from Argos with Sky Sports "preloaded."  I want to activate and use the device now, but don't want to redeem until August.

Is it possible to activate the device but redeem the voucher later?

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @SouthCoastAsh 

I am pretty sure that when you setup the stick with the preloaded voucher it will give you an option on screen during the stick activation process if you wish to start the voucher straight away or save the voucher for a later date.

Well that's how it worked for me with a 2 month entertainment and 1 day sports pass voucher on my stick when i set it up.

Just make sure you click the correct option button when prompted on your internet browser screen once you have followed the instructions on your TV screen.

SouthCoastAsh
Mentor

I went through the process again and this time followed the on-screen wizard to the end.

It has now activated and the voucher remains on my account available to redeem, "waiting for you."

I was being hesitant it was redeemed inadvertently.

Cheers.

SouthCoastAsh
Mentor

Can someone confirm I have 12 months to redeem, or at least until end of August? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @SouthCoastAsh 

Yep you get up to 12 months from date of purchase to redeem & start the voucher that comes with the stick.

So August 2019 should be fine.