cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pairing remote to 2nd tv

When I first got my now tv stick I set it up on my main TV down stairs and paired up the Remote fully with no problems.

I have since moved the stick to a TV in the bedroom, but for some reason the remote won’t pair fully to the second set, it’s connected as I can scroll through the index but just won’t pair up to the volume and stand by buttons. I have tried many times .

To make this Fully pair do I need to unpair it from the 1st TV if so How do you do that if not does any one have any idea why it would pair with one TV and not another .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Nope pairing just refers to the wifi connection between remote and stick, you should just need to go to Settings > Remote settings > Set up remote for TV control and follow the steps there. However, if you have problems with that you could try a reset. Shouldn't be necessary tho (it's possible the remote doesn't have the correct codes for your TV tho, in which case if it still doesn't work probably not a lot you can do). 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If the nowtv stick won't pair first time automatically when setting it up on your TV and it can't read the codes from the TV's volume and on/ off standby command inputs, then maybe try the steps in this Roku help guide.

https://roku.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360004786894-Why-is-my-Roku-Enhanced-Remote-not-controlling-volume-and-power-on-my-TV-

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

im hoping someone who has 2 NOW boxes/sticks might be able to tell me whether one remote can be used to control 2 separate devices??? 

I am about to buy another box secondhand - cheap because it has no remote- but just need to check the remote I have for the first box I currently have will also operate the 2nd one! 

(They will be in adjacent rooms and used when the kids are squabbling over what’s on the tv so one remote would be sufficient!)!

thanks in advance for any info passed forward!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you post back which exact NowTV boxes or stick you currently have and the SH NowTV box you are thinking of buying without the remote, then hopefully somebody on the forum can help further.

The NowTV boxes that have been manufactured over the years are White, Std Black, Smart Freeview, Smart 4K.

The White, Black and Smart Freeview box remotes all work over infra red and are inter changeable across each device.

The smart voice remotes for the NowTV stick and 4K smart box work over WiFi and there is limitation and certain setup conditions required when using these remotes on the older boxes, so its important that you provide further details of your NowTV hardware.

You can pick up the NowTV sticks pretty cheap with a bundled pass and if it was me i would be inclined to buy new rather than gamble on a second hand device where you have no guarantee it will work (unless you know the seller and trust them).

RoyB
Legend

@schnapps @Anonymous User 

I read it that Frannibobs wants to pair one remote with two NowTV devices at the same time.

I would have thought that pairing it with the second device would unpair it from the first, so this couldn’t be done?

I can control 2 TVs with one remote, as TVs aren’t paired as such, but only because they are both Samsungs with the same remote codes.

But I concur with you about buying a new Stick; at £19.99 with two Entertainment Months, worth up to £15.98, the Stick is effectively £4.01

And you’d have to be going some to beat that price with a secondhand Stick with no remote, which I would regard as essentially worthless.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks for the advice

much appreciated!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks for the reply

much appreciate the info... off to the shops!