cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pairing remote to 2nd tv

When I first got my now tv stick I set it up on my main TV down stairs and paired up the Remote fully with no problems.

I have since moved the stick to a TV in the bedroom, but for some reason the remote won’t pair fully to the second set, it’s connected as I can scroll through the index but just won’t pair up to the volume and stand by buttons. I have tried many times .

To make this Fully pair do I need to unpair it from the 1st TV if so How do you do that if not does any one have any idea why it would pair with one TV and not another .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Nope pairing just refers to the wifi connection between remote and stick, you should just need to go to Settings > Remote settings > Set up remote for TV control and follow the steps there. However, if you have problems with that you could try a reset. Shouldn't be necessary tho (it's possible the remote doesn't have the correct codes for your TV tho, in which case if it still doesn't work probably not a lot you can do). 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Nope pairing just refers to the wifi connection between remote and stick, you should just need to go to Settings > Remote settings > Set up remote for TV control and follow the steps there. However, if you have problems with that you could try a reset. Shouldn't be necessary tho (it's possible the remote doesn't have the correct codes for your TV tho, in which case if it still doesn't work probably not a lot you can do). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy @schnapps  Andy I think you could be right in that the remote does not have the correct codes for the TV as I have tried everything else you mention and as I said it’s ok o my main TV 

schnapps  I have clicked on to your suggestion and the Webb page at the moment keeps showing  There is an error on this page , so I will try and connect to that latter

Thank you 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy   Just tried the menu   Set up remote for TV control ( again) and this time it has worked, 

Thank you

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User No worries, glad you're sorted!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Guys, sorry dont quite follow what happened here.....so i bought the stick and put on my main TV(moved now tv box to kitchen)

two points

1. the vol on remote controls the Vol on my TV just fine, BUT i play the the sound thru my 5.1 box, can i rearrange the remote to pair with that not the TV by default? if so how?

2. off topic i know sorry but lst night i put the footy on i player last night and on the stick it gave me option of watching from start so i did. then went thru to kitchen(box not stick) and put on i player and it would only show me live (which was 70 mins in) so why no option to  watch from start?

thanks

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

1. the vol on remote controls the Vol on my TV just fine, BUT i play the the sound thru my 5.1 box, can i rearrange the remote to pair with that not the TV by default? if so how?

@Anonymous User Nope, it can only control the TV volume. However if you've got HDMI-CEC set up on all your devices in the chain then you may find it works that way (strictly speaking the stick is still sending volume commands to the TV only but the TV may detect the amp is switched on and forward the command, however depending on your setup this may only work if audio is going from TV to amp via ARC rather than device>amp>TV, or it may not work at all such is the vagaries of HDMI-CEC).

@Anonymous User wrote:

2. off topic i know sorry but lst night i put the footy on i player last night and on the stick it gave me option of watching from start so i did. then went thru to kitchen(box not stick) and put on i player and it would only show me live (which was 70 mins in) so why no option to  watch from start?

That's a known issue on BBC iPlayer's end which should hopefully be solved soon. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/troubleshooting/tv-games-consoles/live-restart

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Silly question, but where do I find the settings? Is it on the now tv main screen? I’m having the same issue. Set the stick up on my main tv and then have moved it to daughters room, remote works but volume and power button does not and I’ve tried re-pairing with the stick. Thanks! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

On your NowTV box or stick go to Settings > Then select Remotes > Then select Remote > Then select Set Up Remote for TV control.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Just to amplify this, the remote actually does two pairing processes, one with the Stick, and one with the TV.

So if you take the Stick off the first TV and plug it into the second, all the Stick features can still be controlled from the remote, but unless the second TV is the same as or very similar to the first one, make and perhaps model, it won’t recognise the codes being sent from the remote for On/Off and Volume.

Hence the likely need to reset the TV pairing of the remote, as @schnapps has explained.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.