cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv stick Not working despite reset

Hi, our Nowtv stick will not work. It just flashed the logo in different colours and the screen goes blank saying no signal. Have tried about 10 resets, resetting internet and remote. It’s driving us mad. Any suggestions?  

8 REPLIES 8
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

With the reset, have you held the button in for more than 15 seconds, as if you just blip it, it does a reboot only.

You can tell you have truly reset it if when it comes back, you have to set the Stick up from scratch again.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had an account with NOW TV for six weeks and been watching on my laptop.

Two weeks ago, I decided to buy a smart stick so I could watch on my TV. It arrived with a one month cinema pass.

Despite hours of scratching my head, it's proving absolutely impossible to set up.

The initial part is fine, connects to wifi. Screen appears to go onto www.nowtv.com/TV and tells me to enter code on phone or computer. I've tried both but when I do, it brings up 'Redeem your pass'. I press 'continue'. A screen appears, 'Hello Wendy,is this you?'. I click, yes it's me. Screen now says, 'Oops, something went wrong.'

I have spent hours and hours doing everything I can possible think of. Hard to believe my problem's unique. Sooo frustrating!

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I don’t know if this is it, but you have to put the link, including the www, into the URL bar at the top of the browser, not into any inviting-looking Google or other search that might appear lower down.

Entering from the URL bar, NowTV can dynamically expand the input string with gb or ie, according to where it thinks you are located; from the Google search window, this doesn’t happen.

Or you can add the gb or ie yourself to tell NowTV where you are, e.g.:-

www.nowtv.com/gb/tv

and get the desired result:-

56197345-BADF-4CF8-B04C-925729C42A99.png

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I did that. It still doesn't work.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Oh dear - time to talk to (gulp) Live Chat.....

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

On a screen with big buttons all around, you may find the link you need is under a tiny green arrow, so be vigilant.

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

On Live Chat, when you can get onto it, keep your answers short, sweet and prompt, or it will time out on you.

If the person you are talking to doesn’t seem able to understand your issue, ask to be escalated to the next level of help.

<If you can’t access Live Chat and nothing happens, try a different browser from your usual one (Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) on which you haven’t disabled pop ups, third party cookies or indeed any cookies, and haven’t set an Ad Blocker, as any or all of these things may prevent the Live Chat window appearing>

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks, Roy.

However, I spent an hour on Live Chat earlier this afternoon. Useless! They just suggested all the things I'd already tried. It has apparently been passed up the ladder to the managerial team who will get back to me within five days. I'm not holding my breath!

I've also tried alternative browsers.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just a quick question are you based in the Republic of Ireland and did you purchase the stick from a UK retailer ?

If not, the only other thing i would try is using your internet browser in a Private window or Incognito mode whilst waiting for the NowTV Tech Team to get back to you.

Also if you are using a VPN try and disable it whilst going to the NowTV webpage link to activate the code.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,
No, I live in England. The stick, with a month's cinema pass, was bought brand new in a sealed box from a UK retailer.