cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv pass and stick accounts

Hi

I have a Nowtv pass, had it a few years and use quite happily on my Samsung TV, 2 years old. I want to watch Nowtv on my older Samsung TV  but it won't support the app eg can't download. I assume I can use a stick but don't want to pay for 2 accounts. Any ideas how I can solve this issue please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The NOW TV app is currently available on 2015 and later Samsung TVs, except for Samsung Serif models, which don't support NOW TV.

How do I know if I have a compatible TV?

Just look at the model number – if there’s a J, K, L, M or Q in the middle, then you should have a compatible TV.

See this guide for more details on Samsung TV model numbers

If you older Samsung TV isn't supported with the NowTV App, then no problems using the TV with a NowTV stick (assuming the TV has a spare HDMI port on it) where you can have up to 4 devices on a single account.

Just make sure when you setup the stick that you use the same details used on your existing account that you use with your newer Samsung Smart TV that has the inbuilt NowTV App.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The NOW TV app is currently available on 2015 and later Samsung TVs, except for Samsung Serif models, which don't support NOW TV.

How do I know if I have a compatible TV?

Just look at the model number – if there’s a J, K, L, M or Q in the middle, then you should have a compatible TV.

See this guide for more details on Samsung TV model numbers

If you older Samsung TV isn't supported with the NowTV App, then no problems using the TV with a NowTV stick (assuming the TV has a spare HDMI port on it) where you can have up to 4 devices on a single account.

Just make sure when you setup the stick that you use the same details used on your existing account that you use with your newer Samsung Smart TV that has the inbuilt NowTV App.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been able to watch Now TV on existing [2014] tv with remote supplied; why not now? And, where do I get a Now stick?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Can't help with regards to the remote on your older nowtv device ( assuming it's a white or black gen 1 or 2 nowtv box) where it could have inherited a fault on the remote or the IR receiver on the box or something else.

If you own a smartphone you could use the Roku Remote App which you can download for free from your phone Apps Store.

With regards to picking up a NowTV Stick look at places like Currys, Argos etc where the stick is currently for sale for £15 with an included pass.