cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Nowtv and amazon firestick

Not exactly ideal, but at least a decent workaround. 

As Comcast has allowed Amazon Prime on their devices I am hoping they will do the same over here and of course allowing Now TV on Amazon devices. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted

I have just set up a Roku stick for someone and it has apps for Amazon, Now TV and Netflix. 

Highlighted
Advocate

IVE JUST SIGNED UP TO NOW CINEMA...

I HAVE A PRE 2015 SAMSUNG TV AND FIRESTICK.

I HAVE TRIED THE FIREFOX BROWSER BUT ALTHOUGH THAT GETS ME INTO THE MOVIES THEY WILL NOT PLAY 'PROTOCOL ERROR'

APART FROM BUYING NEW BITS OF KIT DOES ANYONE KNOW OF WAYS TO GET NOW TO WORK....I RECEIVED A FREE 3 MONTH PASS SO JUST WANTED TO TRY IT

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ANDREW2601 

To watch NowTV you will need something on this list in the link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Thanks for reply... so I guess it’s a no with regards to watching on my TV...IPAD works ok but thought I could have downloaded the APP on my tv but apparently not. ?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ANDREW2601 

If you Samsung Smart TV doesn't support the native inbuilt NowTV App on it and you want to watch via your television screen.

Then you need to use either a NowTV box / Stick, Roku Player, PS4, Xbox One, ATV box gen 3 and above, Youview Box or a Google Chrome Cast (Airplay or screen mirroring doesn't work).

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Thank you for replying.

At least I know now for sure.

I may buy a NOW stick but watch on my mac for now. Crazy that cannot be used on Firestick. Must be competitive issues not technology.

Many thanks for taking the trouble to educate me. 😁

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Observer

Hey @ANDREW2601 

You can actually install Now TV on the Firestick. You have to sideload it which just means you install it unofficially using an APK file.

It's SUPER easy so don't worry, just follow a guide like this one: https://firestickappstips.com/now-tv-on-firestick/

I just made an account here to let you know as I hate how these companies all try and lock you into their own ecosystems!

Enjoy!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

What ever you do dont buy a now tv stick. Most dont work, so many threads on here that cant get them to activate!!

And now tv are nowhere to help

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

I've also tried installing now tv on fire stick as my stick wouldn't activate and when trying my tv it says cant stream on hdmi

0 Thanks