cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv and amazon firestick

Hi, hoping someone can help.

please can anyone tell me if I can watch my now tv passes on an amazon fire tv stick?

if not could I get a now tv stick and amazon fire stick and swap them over to use both?

thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Nope unfortunately the Amazon Fire TV stick doesn't support the NowTV App Smiley Sad

If you mean swapping between the Fire Stick and NowTV Stick because you only have one HDMI port on your television then yes this would be possible but would be a pain in the backside Evey time you wanted to swap devices over on the back of your TV.

Perhaps look at a HDMI hub splitter from Ebay or Amazon where you should pick one up under £10 then you could  connect both the Fire Stick & NowTV Stick into HDMI splitter and saves messing around unplugged and re connecting Sticks and cables.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Nope unfortunately the Amazon Fire TV stick doesn't support the NowTV App Smiley Sad

If you mean swapping between the Fire Stick and NowTV Stick because you only have one HDMI port on your television then yes this would be possible but would be a pain in the backside Evey time you wanted to swap devices over on the back of your TV.

Perhaps look at a HDMI hub splitter from Ebay or Amazon where you should pick one up under £10 then you could  connect both the Fire Stick & NowTV Stick into HDMI splitter and saves messing around unplugged and re connecting Sticks and cables.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you honestly so much!! I’ve spoke to someone through the online chat and gave up because I don’t think they understood what I meant but that’s fab thank you for you help much appreciated!!

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps

Hi Beth

Just to follow up on Schnapps reply, the type of device you would need to connect the Now TV and Amazon sticks to your TV is something like the following:

2 in 1 out HDMI Splitter.jpg

You can get this device, and others like it, from Amazon, here's the URL:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Splitter-Techole-Aluminum-Bi-direction-Switcher-Black/dp/B079FLNWJY/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1541868201&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=2+to+1+hdmi+switcher&psc=1

Hope this helps.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, 

I’ve just brought one before I saw that but thank you! I’ve brought the two sticks also so fingers crossed i can make it work! Haha!

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User, @ukbobboy, @schnapps surely an easier solution rather than having both is a Roku device.#

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @4268

Good call about the Roku player if @Anonymous User doesn't already own a Fire Stick.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thank you, 

I’ve just brought one before I saw that but thank you! I’ve brought the two sticks also so fingers crossed i can make it work! Haha!

Hi @Anonymous User

I wrongly assumed you already owned a Amazon Fire TV Stick and you just wanted to watch NowTV on it as well (sorry my bad after reading this post of yours above).

Apart from the Amazon Video streaming side of things is there other Apps or features that has steered you towards the Fire Stick ?

If you are just looking to watch Amazon Prime Video, NowTV, Netflix, YouTube, BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4 and Demand 5 and not looking at voice search commands and Alexa integration then a Roku Express would be a more simplified and cheaper option.

There are Apps that are on the Amazon Fire TV platform that are not on the Roku Platform and vice versa where you need to weigh up what Apps and Services you require from a device.

The Roku Express is not a Stick as such, but is a miniature streaming box that you can either stick to the bottom of your television front casing frame or put on a shelf next to your television.

The Roku Express doesn't have voice search commands like the Fire Stick or NowTV Stick where their current SRP is £29.99, but the price is going to drop to £19.99 for the Black Friday sales.

Also just for clarification, does your television set only have one spare HDMI port available (otherwise there is no need for a HDMI hub splitter) ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi,

There is now a FireFox browser on the Amazon Fire TV Stick, and you can browse to the NOW TV website, sign in, and watch your NOW TV passes ...

Might be better and quicker than buying an HDMI Switcher or some such,,,

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thank you honestly so much!! I’ve spoke to someone through the online chat and gave up because I don’t think they understood what I meant but that’s fab thank you for you help much appreciated!!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Not exactly ideal, but at least a decent workaround. 

As Comcast has allowed Amazon Prime on their devices I am hoping they will do the same over here and of course allowing Now TV on Amazon devices. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help