cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV stick will not register, help needed

Hi

This is in relation to account number 623846531217.

We have just switched to NowTV from Sky and received an accompanying NowTV stick to watch the subscribed channels on our television.

We are unable however to get past the verification step where it requires you to input the 5-digit code into www.nowtv.com/tv. It leads to the following "oops, something went wrong" and there is no way of getting past this.

Can you advise ASAP on how to activate our NowTV stick please as we have paid for this service and are unable to use it!
4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

This problem is happening more than usual from what i can tell on the Community Forum.

I can only suggest try the MS Edge internet browser which works for me and if you are a UK customer make sure you go to the NowTV webpage shown on your television screen which has gb in the web address.

Or if you are a Republic of Ireland customer the address on the television screen should have ie in it instead of gb.

Also make sure when you type in the web address shown from the television screen it doesn't auto correct to a different nowtv web address when typing in your internet browser url address bar.

NowTV was encountering some technical problems for certain customers accounts when it comes to cancelling passes, applying vouchers or asking for a password reset (don't know if activating a stick is also an issue).

Should you be using a VPN on your Router or the device when trying to access the NowTV webpage address, then disable it.

If you have a smartphone with a mobile data plan, then perhaps try the phone with the mobile internet data using the Fire Fox internet browser when attempting to type in the code on the web address on your television screen.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

I’ve managed to find a solution, if you know a friend or family member who has a functioning nowtv account. 

Background to my issue:

I had the same issue recently, I bought a stick on 07/05/20 and couldn’t get past the activation code.  I am a BT customer with NowTV paid for via BT, I have a feeling that was causing an issue because when entering the code at nowtv.com/tv it would say “manage through BT” which would only take me to the BT login, with no option to complete the activation process.  

Solution:

I asked a friend with a working nowtv subscription to put my code in and login to his account (this activated my stick, however I was logged into his account).  My friend doesn’t pay for his nowtv via another party, he pays direct for the passes each month (I’m not sure if that’s relevant).  You can complete the activation process, and get the stick up and running using the friends account.  You then need to sign out of the friends account by going into the nowtv app within the stick, and in the menu down the left hand side there is a “my account” option.  Sign out, and sign back in using your own details.  

This worked for me, and I hope it does for others, as I share the frustration of not being able to get in touch with nowtv during this unfortunate time.  

Regards,

Ryan

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having same issue.

Stick went off last night no sound.

Did reset all back up comes up with code to put in at site.

Can't get past "oops somethings gone wrong our end"

Just no way past it.

Tried chrome /Firefox /edge.

Same screen.

"Oops somethings gone wrong "

Any help please 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a similar problem. I cannot get past the code screen. I type in the code on the web site and as soon as I do, the code on the tv changes to a new one! Every time! So clearly the two are talking. My account shows active passes and I can view Content on iPad, phone etc. so that confirms active passes. It seems the internal systems won’t/can’t  tell the stick!