cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Stick too slow

I bought a NowTV Stick today from Argos and plugged it in tonight to my 2nd TV in the Dining Room, about 1 wall and 10 feet from my Virgin Router (100Mbps).

After spending an inordinate amount of time setting it up, updating the software, etc, I found it so much more difficult than the ordinary NowTV Box.

On Catchup, which was my main reason for buying it, it appeared as though I had to sign up to every tv provider (BBC, ITV, All4, Demand5, UKTV) which I never had to do on the NowTV Box; it had me running up and down stairs to get to my computer (I do not have a smart phone) to put the necessary codes in.

I could not even connect to Demand5, something appeared to go wrong.........

So it will be going back to Argos tomorrow for a refund

3 REPLIES 3
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

I bought a NowTV Stick today from Argos and plugged it in tonight to my 2nd TV in the Dining Room, about 1 wall and 10 feet from my Virgin Router (100Mbps).

After spending an inordinate amount of time setting it up, updating the software, etc, I found it so much more difficult than the ordinary NowTV Box.

On Catchup, which was my main reason for buying it, it appeared as though I had to sign up to every tv provider (BBC, ITV, All4, Demand5, UKTV) which I never had to do on the NowTV Box; it had me running up and down stairs to get to my computer (I do not have a smart phone) to put the necessary codes in.

I could not even connect to Demand5, something appeared to go wrong.........

So it will be going back to Argos tomorrow for a refund

Hi @Anonymous User 

What you have explained is very normal. You used to be able to watch catchup services without signing up but now, every company wants you to create an account and log in so they can contact you about new shows and such. Also, Channel 5 are aware of an issue with their app and are currently working to fix it. Apart from that, everything you have mentioned is standard practice unfortunately 😕

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for that, I think I will stick with my old box.  Argos refunded
no problem.:-)
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
Thanks for that, I think I will stick with my old box.  Argos refunded
no problem.:-)

Happy days @Anonymous User 🙂