cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Stick software update

Just bought a Now TV Stick, after getting through the WiFi setup stages, then prompted for an update, which happened quickly.  Although now stuck on the restarting box, with the arrow just going round

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. You may already be sorted by now but if the stick is stuck on the update try removing the USB power cable for a few seconds then connecting up and trying again.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. You may already be sorted by now but if the stick is stuck on the update try removing the USB power cable for a few seconds then connecting up and trying again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just bought a Stick from Currys but there is no voucher code in box. Have connected the stick to our Panasonic TV and power but NOTHING.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same problem as was about to send the stick back when I read that someone suggested setting up the device by tethering to a mobile then change network setting once setup - hey presto - that worked!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just updated my now tv smart box with Freeview to version 9.4.3 beta 4079. Can anyone notice any new features or it a bug fix.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Best way to get confirmation is to send customer support an email, using the address to the below picture.

4319116D-BE80-41BD-A42E-291CA760ED14.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

At 17.38 I updated my now Freeview box to version 9.4.3 beta 4094. I am taking this is a bug fixer. So far I am seen an improvement on the last version for me it run a bit smoother in now app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Take a look at this thread. I experienced the same symptoms and resolved it with a bit of perseverance

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Stick/Setup-sticking/m-p/459539#M175