cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: NowTV Stick overheating - more than 110C?!!?!

@NTVHell 

No, you send that one back as faulty.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: NowTV Stick overheating - more than 110C?!!?!

This is just ridiculous. I bought a NOW TV Stick to be able to watch the new F1 season in Full HD. First few weekends, fine. Watched some football last week and the warning suddenly appears, watch 30 minutes of practice today and it appears again.

How on earth is this product allowed on the market when it is so clearly unfit for purpose? I can understand overheating if it's been in use for HOURS, but not minutes.

It is clear that Now TV did not anticipate the demands of streaming Full HD content and so tried to retrofit older hardware with newer software.

It's 2020 for goodness sake and they can't stream 1080p without problems? Daylight robbery.

What a complete joke. I will not be purchasing any more passes because there is simply no way this experience will improve. Performance will only degrade as the product is no doubt damaged after every overheating cycle.

I will stick to sharing Sky Go with a family member, despite the quality being pathetically poor at 720p25. It will be a far better experience than this literal dumpster fire.

I had poor expectations even before I started with NOW TV. It's been apparent for a long time that Sky/NowTV lack any consumer-focus, and after only one month (!) they have reaffirmed my opinion. Superb.

Streaming sticks aren't exactly rocket science. This isn't some newfangled technology. Once again the archaic processes of this "premium service" are exposed for what they are - a blatant moneygrab with no regard for the customer.

Charging extortionate rates for access to pay TV, as if it is the apex of audiovisual luxury. ###### hell.

The most basic feature of NOW TV - watching television - and they can't even deliver that.

Ridiculous.

0 Thanks