cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv stick

I was sent an e-mail to update my now box, it arrived and I set it up. I’ve had nothing but problems with my broadband connection ever since. In my lounge my mother has a sky digital box which is unaffected. Sky is our broadband provider. I have just been holding on the phone for 40 minutes after being told it would take about 15 minutes, then I was cut off! I’m very unhappy with all this and Sky seriously need to contact very soon to explain themselves and sort this out!

4 REPLIES 4
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

I was sent an e-mail to update my now box, it arrived and I set it up. I’ve had nothing but problems with my broadband connection ever since. In my lounge my mother has a sky digital box which is unaffected. Sky is our broadband provider. I have just been holding on the phone for 40 minutes after being told it would take about 15 minutes, then I was cut off! I’m very unhappy with all this and Sky seriously need to contact very soon to explain themselves and sort this out!

@Anonymous User Does this happen only when watching NOW TV? Or is it even when the box is on standby? Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I’ve never noticed it happen when on standby but, when it’s on standby I’m on my Xbox or watching standard digital channels. Anyway I’m sick of it now and plugged in my old white box unit which works fine.

Regards, Lee.
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
I’ve never noticed it happen when on standby but, when it’s on standby I’m on my Xbox or watching standard digital channels. Anyway I’m sick of it now and plugged in my old white box unit which works fine.

Regards, Lee.

@Anonymous User Lee, it's a weird one i'll give you that. Potentially interfereing with the broadband. It could be congesting the WiFi network so maybe changing network channels can help. https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/How-to/How-to-change-your-wireless-channel/ba-p/2687733

This is a tutorial for it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, I will have a look. It’s the only device in the house that gets any problems with broadband; everything else runs without any problem. I’m 99.9% sure broadband is not the problem.