cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv stick

I bough 2 new sticks today but each one seems to have different homepage type thing is there a way to get both the same? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The Stick with the older home page layout will eventually get the software update, where you just need to be patient, where NowTV tend to send new software updates in batches rather than all in one go.

You could try a forced software update on the stick with the older software version by following these instructions below.

To check the software number go to the settings, system, about.

• Start by pressing your NOW TV remote control buttons in this order:

Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2

• Select the Update Software option that appears on the next screen.
  • Press OK, even if you already have the latest version. 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried that and has just remained the same 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The update can take a few days, so you need to be patient where the update will eventually happen.

When the Spotify App was released by NowTV recently, it took one of my NowTV boxes over a week for the update to appear.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the info.

Done a bit of reading on here regularising this update seems to have been started rolled out few weeks back??

Steve411
Scholar

One of my 3 sticks updated to version 5136 about 3 weeks ago, still waiting for the other two which are still on 4136. I have tried the secret screen but it just says update from 4136 to 4136, so is it just a case of waiting? Will it just update in the background and new homepage screen will appear when stick is on? (Don't leave my tv's in standby, I have smartplugs which I turn off at night).

Many thanks if you reply.

Steve