cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv stick

Can my now tv stick get damaged if I turn my tv off at the plug when still using now tv, only asking because  my remote is unable to connect properly to my tv so I cannot properly turn off my now tv stick, 

thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The power button on the stick remote is for putting your television into on/off standby mode and doesn't switch off the stick.

The stick should go into a low power save mode after a while when not in use. 

If your stick is using the USB off your television then when you normally put the television in standby mode (using your television remote in this case because your stick remote power off button doesn't work) should drop the power off the USB port on your television and power down the stick.

I would go into the Stick menu settings and under the Remote option manually go through the code numbers one at a time to see if you can find the code number that works with your television. 

Can't see no harm done switching the mains power off to your television if the stick is connected to the television USB port for the stick power. 

If you are using the supplied power adapter with the stick, then switching off the television at the mains will do nothing with regards to the stick. 

I tend to leave my NowTV boxes plugged in overnight at the mains and let the box go into its automatic power save mode. 

Again there is no harm in unplugging the stick or box at the mains if you are concerned its your choice. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The power button on the stick remote is for putting your television into on/off standby mode and doesn't switch off the stick.

The stick should go into a low power save mode after a while when not in use. 

If your stick is using the USB off your television then when you normally put the television in standby mode (using your television remote in this case because your stick remote power off button doesn't work) should drop the power off the USB port on your television and power down the stick.

I would go into the Stick menu settings and under the Remote option manually go through the code numbers one at a time to see if you can find the code number that works with your television. 

Can't see no harm done switching the mains power off to your television if the stick is connected to the television USB port for the stick power. 

If you are using the supplied power adapter with the stick, then switching off the television at the mains will do nothing with regards to the stick. 

I tend to leave my NowTV boxes plugged in overnight at the mains and let the box go into its automatic power save mode. 

Again there is no harm in unplugging the stick or box at the mains if you are concerned its your choice. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

This might not be relevant in your case, but if you have an Oled television then it's recommended to leave the television in standby mode, rather switching the power off at the mains to allow the Oled to undertake important background screen maintenance when not in use.

Also before putting my television into standby mode I always tend to press the Home button on my NowTV devices remote to take it back to the home screen.